myron

myron

This is a discussion on myron within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am waiting for my Arkansas CCW permit to arrive. I am new at this as I have never owned a handgun. Does anyone here ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TN_Mike

Thread: myron

Question myron

I am waiting for my Arkansas CCW permit to arrive. I am new at this as I have never owned a handgun. Does anyone here have a referral for legal insurance coverage that is dependable and not a money pit? Is such a program necessary?

When I got my renewal CHL in Texas, a lawyer came into the class to try and sell us on getting her on retainer for something like $20 per month. That way if we did get in a defensive shooting, we could just call her and she would represent us. That was the closest thing that I have come to as an "insurance" policy.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

I would highly suggest a membership to USCAA https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/membership/ as well as a membership to the NRA. :)

Best deal I have seen is these guys and from what I have read from members here and on other forums, they are top notch.

CCW Safe defends those who carry concealed against criminal, civil and administrative actions. - Part 1
    SUPERCHEFNICK likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by txron View Post
    When I got my renewal CHL in Texas, a lawyer came into the class to try and sell us on getting her on retainer for something like $20 per month. That way if we did get in a defensive shooting, we could just call her and she would represent us. That was the closest thing that I have come to as an "insurance" policy.
    Wow, $240 for absolutely nothing. If you get in a situation and need to use your gun, there are lawyers who will represent you even without spending $20 before you call them. Bizarre.

VIP Member
    Welcome from SC! Nope, don't know anything about any gun insurance but maybe it's something that isn't in every state? Check your local laws or maybe somebody here from there can help you.
    Matthew 5:44

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;.

~ Jesus ~

Distinguished Member Array Dan060's Avatar
    People has to do what they think is best.Personally,i don't have the money to throw away,or waste.I'm sure an attorney or insurance co. would love to take my money. I've had my ccp for almost 14 yrs and never came close to needing any.That's a pile of money i would have spent for nothing.

Check into the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network. Their board reads like a who's who in self defense law. Their educational DVDs are good too.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by Holster View Post
    Wow, $240 for absolutely nothing. If you get in a situation and need to use your gun, there are lawyers who will represent you even without spending $20 before you call them. Bizarre.
    That is why I did not sign up for it.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Sponsored Links