Article: "Wisconsin Will Fall Out Of Love With Concealed Carry"

This is a discussion on Article: "Wisconsin Will Fall Out Of Love With Concealed Carry" within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by velo99 The liberal media keeps saying that households that keep firearms are going down but present gun owners are buying more guns. ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Article: "Wisconsin Will Fall Out Of Love With Concealed Carry"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by velo99 View Post
    The liberal media keeps saying that households that keep firearms are going down but present gun owners are buying more guns. More households are giving up their guns by participating in buy backs.

The logic they use is flawed.
    More households are giving up their guns but gun sales are up.
    More households are giving up their guns but a records number of first timers are buying guns.
    More households are giving up their guns but record numbers of concealed permits are being issued.

For their logic to prevail each.gun owner would have to own thirty guns
    Only 30?
    Aceoky likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

2. Remove Ads

Well, I didn't read the article. When someone points out to me that the author of an article is a raging moron liberal I tend not to waste any time reading their idiotic opinions. But from the responses of the members here who did read it, I'd say I made the right decision and he is full of solid waste.
    Aceoky likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

My latest analogy is, millions of normal, law-abiding citizens eat in restaurants every day, and there are arguments domestic and between strangers....how many stabbings occur?

why not thousands? 10's of thousands? I mean, they have knives RIGHT THERE!!!
    Doghandler and sensei2 like this.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

For every justifiable homicide with a gun, there are 36 criminal homicides... So I guess only kills "count" for the good guys? Interesting logic, as it allows them to completely ignore the vast majority of defensive uses of guns, in which NO ONE was killed - because the violent criminal was wounded or fled, and the lawful citizen was not intent on finishing him off.

The only good thing about liberals is that eventually each may start thinking rationally, at which point they cease to be liberals.
    Brad426 likes this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

GH
    "As low as these figures are, they are likely to drop in future years, because gun ownership is in decline. You wouldn't think so given reports of increased gun sales, but the evidence suggests these sales are mostly to people who already own guns."

People are buying guns like crazy. Gun stores are a lot more crowded than in the past. If that starts slowing down it's because those who decided for the first time in their lives to possess a firearm have already bought their gun. It has to slow down eventually. People are giving their guns up to a gun buy-back? In these hard economic times who the heck would buy a gun for $600 & sell it to a government entity for peanuts? Liberals sure can twist facts & figures to their own liking. I wish he'd tell me where he can get the facts that the only gun buyers are already gun owners.

It's too early in the morning to be fed that ration of excrement. It comes out of Madison & is in the Isthmus so it automatically suspect.
    Aceoky likes this.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Typical Liberal agenda-driven garbage. I read about two paragraphs but could get the gist of the article. He wants NO concealed carry or anyone to even own a gun, God forbid it may be used to save a life or two. I guess the sacrificial lambs who do get killed without being able to protect themselves would be worth it.

People who write the crap like this just don't get it and never will. They are convinced that guns and gun owners are the problem and unless they are victims of crime they just will continue to not understand.

On a lighter note, the "paper" version of this article can be used when the bathroom is out of toilet paper or the bird cage needs a new lining.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by cn262 View Post
    I'm surprised that Mr. Murphy didn't also tell us that the sky was falling. Oh well, maybe in a follow-up article.

I did find this particularly amusing:

"As low as these figures are, they are likely to drop in future years, because gun ownership is in decline. You wouldn't think so given reports of increased gun sales, but the evidence suggests these sales are mostly to people who already own guns."

I've personally spoken to 20+ people who did not previously own firearms and made purchases over the past year because they felt that their rights were in danger. While one person is not a statistically significant sample, I can't believe that I'm the luckiest guy in the world who just happens to meet only people like this.
    What they fail to realize (or more likely report) IS look who "is asking" about gun ownership Most folks are smart enough to not be honest with the liars they are dealing with. One does not aid the known enemy after all!

I love my job, but unfortunately it's in Madison, far too close to these raging liberals. Thank God for Scott Walker. You get 15 minutes away from the isthmus and you get a more normal political blend.
    From behind the Dane curtain
    Dgunnut

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

What's really fascinating about this article is how it is essentially trying to convince us, not so much that concealed carry is a bad thing, but that it's unpopular. The liberal mindset is such that nothing matters besides the majority opinion. So they hope to change it by implying that it's already changed.

The truth is on our side. The people are learning that the police just won't be there in time to help them, and that they are responsible for their own defense. Liberals will continue to put up a show of regard for human life, to mask their complete LACK of regard for it; but it's becoming transparent.

"Ask yourself why totalitarian dictatorships find it necessary to pour money and effort into propaganda for their own helpless, chained, gagged slaves, who have no means of protest or defense. The answer is that even the humblest peasant or the lowest savage would rise in blind rebellion, were he to realize that he is being immolated, not to some incomprehensible noble purpose, but to plain, naked human evil." -- Ayn Rand
    Aceoky and sensei2 like this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Quote Originally Posted by dgunnut View Post
    I love my job, but unfortunately it's in Madison, far too close to these raging liberals. Thank God for Scott Walker. You get 15 minutes away from the isthmus and you get a more normal political blend.
    From behind the Dane curtain
    Dgunnut

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4
    I pity you my friend. I worked with two MBA's from UW-Madison years ago....all they could talk about was how evil Reagan was and how he was destroying our Country.
    Needless to say....they were not close friends.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

VIP Member
    I see it as wishful thinking on the authors part.
    gasmitty, sensei2 and gatorbait51 like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Here's an interesting positive take on the "more guns by the same people" argument. It makes a lot of sense.

More Guns Still = Less Crime | The Bang Switch
    Aceoky and gatorbait51 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Well ... NY, HI, CA and a few other places are doing their level best via chewing up the CHL statutes from the outer edges inward, making so many things criminal, banned or otherwise jumped upon that it's either practically impossible for an unconnected citizen to acquire a CHL and/or it's either practically impossible to avoid a criminal charge if you do dare employ deadly force. IOW, "Shall Issue" doesn't necessarily mean shall still be left standing once the DA is done with you, the legislature is done with you, and your uber-progressive communities all shun you out of the state.

Hawaii, California, and, i believe NY, have NEVER had 'shall issue', only 'may issue', which so far as the Aloha State and the Golden State are concerned, might as well be 'no issue', except in some northern California counties. i think it is possible for NY'ers to get a CWP if they could afford to hire a lawyer specializing in such matters, wait years, and pay a lot. but it's NOT 'shall issue'.
    Aceoky and gatorbait51 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei2 View Post
    Hawaii, California, and, i believe NY, have NEVER had 'shall issue', only 'may issue', which so far as the Aloha State and the Golden State are concerned, might as well be 'no issue', except in some northern California counties. i think it is possible for NY'ers to get a CWP if they could afford to hire a lawyer specializing in such matters, wait years, and pay a lot. but it's NOT 'shall issue'.
    Exactly my point. That, plus the chipping away at the edges, and such places make it effectively impossible for a vast percentage of the population to be legal, to stay legal.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Exactly my point. That, plus the chipping away at the edges, and such places make it effectively impossible for a vast percentage of the population to be legal, to stay legal.

yeah. i keep wondering if the people in such States will eventually wake up to the fact that ordinary folks are legally carrying guns in ALL those other States (around 40 'shall issue' States, right now), without catastrophic consequences, and decide that they ought to be able to do so as well, or whether they will remain committed to their leftist thought patterns, and continue to be horrified by our barbaric behavior. any bets?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links