Ohio CHLs May Double Last Year's Total

This is a discussion on Ohio CHLs May Double Last Year's Total within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I guess folks here didn't get Biden's shotgun memo: Ohio on pace for record in concealed carry permits - News - Ohio...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Ohio CHLs May Double Last Year's Total

VIP Member

Ohio CHLs May Double Last Year's Total

I guess folks here didn't get Biden's shotgun memo:
    Ohio on pace for record in concealed carry permits - News - Ohio
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

2. Remove Ads

No doubt. I know of some who have done that recently since I live just across the Ohio River from that State.

I won't be surprised if the numbers of people who get Carry Permits triple or quadruple in the coming year.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

This is good news!

FL was getting over 100,000 applications earlier in the year, not sure it's still that way but we are well over 1,000,000 now.

VIP Member
    I live in Ohio...not a Buckeye fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I'll give you an O-H-I-O on this one! I got my CHL just about a year ago...so stoked I did!
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bucke...n/343253480089

only one out of 23 adults in Ohio have a CHL, not nearly enough. and not everyone who has a permit carry always.
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

That's all nice for numbers issued/renewed, but I don't see any thing giving the total number of current permits. Inquiring minds want to know.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    That's all nice for numbers issued/renewed, but I don't see any thing giving the total number of current permits. Inquiring minds want to know.
    We hit 300k about one year ago, so we should be around 400k by now. Attorney General announces Second Quarter 2012 CHL statistics; Ohio tops 300,000 concealed carry license holders | Buckeye Firearms Association
    Tuco

The more the merrier! Obama and "Shotgun" Joe, along with "Bloomnuts" from NY are doing a great job of getting people to open their eyes and realize they are responsible for their OWN protection -- the "gubm'nt" ain't gonna do it for them!
    OhioCatter likes this.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    Ok Ohio....let's keep those numbers rolling. It's funny Obama and his cronies thought they were going to squash guns and gun owners and now the numbers are on the rise. Your right JDE101 people are opening their eyes and it's about time.

Not to hijack this tread but I have a need to know quickly and this is an ohio based thread so I wont start another to find out.
    Do gun buster signs in hospitals in Ohio have force of law? Or just tesspassing if you dont leave if asked? Thanks carry on.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

I saw a list of states per capita whose residents have a carry permit in the Indianapolis Star newspaper about 6 months ago. They only counted resident permits. Without that, Florida and Utah would always be #1 and #2.

Indiana, as it has been for 20 years, was #1, with just over 500K permits issued to an adult population (18+) of just over 5M. 1 in 10 eligible adults have a lifetime carry permit.

Georgia was 2nd. Florida, just counting those in state, was 3rd. I'll look for the story and post it here if I can find it.

that's great news. the more good guys (and gals) carrying legal heat in public, the better off we ALL are. go Ohio!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    Not to hijack this tread but I have a need to know quickly and this is an ohio based thread so I wont start another to find out.
    Do gun buster signs in hospitals in Ohio have force of law? Or just tesspassing if you dont leave if asked? Thanks carry on.
    I'm not an attorney. The attorney who taught the legal portion of my CCW course explained to me that all gun buster signs in Ohio have the force of law. Exception: possession in a parking lot is only cause for a civil action, there is no criminal penalty.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    The charge for violating a non-felony gunbuster sign in Ohio is misdemeanor criminal trespass. Nothing in the law mentions the opportunity to leave prior to being charged.
    Tuco

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links