What to do when you get 'made'

This is a discussion on What to do when you get 'made' within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So recently I went over to a friends house for a BBQ get together. We had all our riding buddies there just hanging out grilling ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree161Likes

Thread: What to do when you get 'made'

What to do when you get 'made'

So recently I went over to a friends house for a BBQ get together. We had all our riding buddies there just hanging out grilling burgers and dogs havin a good ole time. I had my gun concealed in an IWB holster. Well eventually one of my friends brushed up on me and managed to dig his side right into my gun since he was squeezing between me and another friend and the first thing out of his mouth when turns around is "IS THAT A GUN?' very loudly. At that point I had various reactions going through my mind all of them including calling him a frickin idiot! Well as every head swiveled my direction I ended up admitting it and brought it out to the house owner who in fact is military!!! So I'm like sweet! A gun friendly household! He actually ends up bringing out his M4 and showing everyone the goods. Lots of ooh's and aah's. So it turned out pretty good and we were all happy campers lol.
    The best way to stop incoming fire is accurate outgoing fire.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I don't get made.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

What to do if "made"? Chowing down on BBQ sounds like as good a "response" as any. Good call ... lucky you!
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    I have been carrying since May and no-one knows and no-one cares . People are too stuck on themselfs to notice the world around them .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    What works for me is, "no you fool, it's my colostomy bag but thanks for crushing the poop out of me!" It's easier to get away with that when you're past 70.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I don't get made.
    That you know of. Not everyone is going to tell they made you.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Yell, "ah!! Get it off! Get it off!" And start smacking around your holster...

That or say, "no, I'm just happy to see you."
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

"IS THAT A GUN?"

"No, it's a pop tart. Don't be silly."
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by welder516 View Post
    ... no-one knows and no-one cares . People are too stuck on themselfs to notice the world around them .
    Except for folks at "military" gun-toting barbeques, it seems. Bright-eyed, bushy-tailed lot, those folks.

Ya never know. All it takes is one, and one being "outraged" or surprised enough to loudly "out" a person.
    welder516 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member
    Did you use protection when you got made?
    Matthew 10:33

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaSteve08 View Post
    So recently I went over to a friends house for a BBQ get together. We had all our riding buddies there just hanging out grilling burgers and dogs havin a good ole time. I had my gun concealed in an IWB holster. Well eventually one of my friends brushed up on me and managed to dig his side right into my gun since he was squeezing between me and another friend and the first thing out of his mouth when turns around is "IS THAT A GUN?' very loudly. At that point I had various reactions going through my mind all of them including calling him a frickin idiot! Well as every head swiveled my direction I ended up admitting it and brought it out to the house owner who in fact is military!!! So I'm like sweet! A gun friendly household! He actually ends up bringing out his M4 and showing everyone the goods. Lots of ooh's and aah's. So it turned out pretty good and we were all happy campers lol.
    Very obnoxious to yell something like that.
    southernwi likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Georgia..South of the mountains, north of the sand flies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Did you use protection when you got made?
    Would you care to define "Protection"

Sorry, couldn't pass that one up.
    A wise man once said: "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF...I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    my very close friends know i carry and they are OK with it. some carry themselves and a few is considering getting their permit.

no stranger has ever said anything to me. i have been carrying for 8 years now.

in a few occasions girls i know have touched my holstered gun while giving me hugs but none have said anything, either they just didn't notice or they dont care. most of m friends know i own guns, few know i carry. no negative reactions so far.
    Warrior1256 likes this.
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I don't get made.
    How do you know? If I was there, you probably got made and I didn't say anything about it.
    Sister and mook012 like this.

Only thing Id be worried about getting "made" is a burger and some baked beans.
    Sister likes this.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links