Nursing Home Carry

Nursing Home Carry

This is a discussion on Nursing Home Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The discussion came up yesterday about carrying in a nursing home (in SC). I know you can't carry in medical facilities but someone asked about ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By oldman45

Thread: Nursing Home Carry

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar

Nursing Home Carry

The discussion came up yesterday about carrying in a nursing home (in SC). I know you can't carry in medical facilities but someone asked about nursing homes. A former police officer in the group said you can carry in nursing homes as long as they were not properly posted. Anyone here know for sure.....I know I can and will go to the SLED sight and look it up but just wanted to throw the question out here.
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

VIP Member
    You definitely need to get a SLED answer on this one. Just looking at SC regulations, I would say it isn't allowed, since nursing homes primary purpose is dispensing medical care.

Now if your talking about assisted living facilities, that may fall into another category. Their primary function is not medical care. Even at those facilities though I would assume permission would be needed, since it is a residence.

10) hospital, medical clinic, doctor's office, or any other facility where medical services or
    procedures are performed unless expressly authorized by the employer.

Carrying concealed weapons into residences or dwellings. No person who holds a permit issued
    pursuant to Article 4, Chapter 31, Title 23 may carry a concealable weapon into the residence or
    dwelling place of another person without the express permission of the owner or person in legal
    control or possession, as appropriate
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    Yep Archer51...that's exactly what I felt. Because they do have a nurses station that provides medical services. Thanks for your thoughts!
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

I worked at an Assisted Living facility and I was told residents lose their 2A upon moving in. I did not ask if that went for employees as well.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Distinguished Member Array oldman45's Avatar
    Man, them old folks must be pretty bad in SC if you wanting to carry in an nursing home. In over 40 yrs of investigating crimes and accidents, I never had to go to a nursing home.

Actually I feel a person is somewhat at risk in a hospital. There are a lot of shootings that take place in hospitals.
    Snub44 likes this.
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

VIP Member
    I just hope when it gets to be my time in the "home" that the dribble of drool coming out of my mouth and over my chin lands squarely on the butt of my Glock 57......

...will that be a green laser or a red one...you know the red ones knock 'em right over...

...if I MAKE IT to a nursing home, I plan on staying in the Bad Boy Room 24/7...

They must have some baaaaaad dudes in the nursing homes in SC.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

VIP Member
    Myself and one of my employees actually carried at a nursing home in Alexandria, VA about 3 or 4 months ago. Not so much because we were in a nursing home but just routine when we cross the moat. Spent all day there changing out their serving line. Nobody noticed or said a word to us and we were both OC'ing.

It was an older, kind of run down home in a not so great part of town. Although it's right across the river from DC, not all of Alexandria is an exclusive boy-buggering Congressman and MSNBC anchor living community.

...all the meds there...I think concealed carry'd be a great idea...

Sponsored Links