Michigan carriers, jackson/hillsdale/adrian area?

This is a discussion on Michigan carriers, jackson/hillsdale/adrian area? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey, I'm just wondering who on the forum is from my area. I'm right smack dab in between jackson hillsdale and adrian. Also wondering where ...

Thread: Michigan carriers, jackson/hillsdale/adrian area?

Michigan carriers, jackson/hillsdale/adrian area?

Hey, I'm just wondering who on the forum is from my area. I'm right smack dab in between jackson hillsdale and adrian. Also wondering where you took your ccw coarse, and where you shoot most. I know of a couple ranges, and I'm trying to get myself into a ccw class asap, anyone know of a good one? The topic of ccw got brought up at work last night and i found out no less than 3 of the people I work with carry(not to work) on a regular basis.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth23 View Post
    I'm right smack dab in between jackson hillsdale and adrian.
    I know this is not answering your question, but you must be pretty close to the Michigan Speedway...or whatever the name of the track is where they run the Michigan 400.

I used to work in that whole area...Jackson, Jonesville, Hillsdale, Cement City, Osseo, Hudson.

I live NE of Lansing. Someone should be able to help you out.

I do know of a good instructor, but it's up this way. If you don't mind driving an hour or two, let me know. It's coming up on December 9th and 10th, in Laingsburg. I know that's a ways from you, but he's a great instructor, and fairly reasonable prices. All done in one weekend...you'd probably want to stay overnight...probably in Perry. If you're interested, contact Mike Slomkowski at 1st Defense at http://1stdefensellc.com/ and look under "Schedule and Registration".
    Last edited by douglasd; November 29th, 2006 at 10:20 PM.
    Doug

Sig P229 .357/.40, G17, G19, G23, G27, Bushmaster XM-15, Ruger PC9 Carbine, Win. 1300 'Defender' 12 Ga. (among others)

"When seconds count, the police are just minutes away."

Worked In Jackson...

Nice place to be from...
    Home of the nation's largest walled prison...now that's notoriety...
    Left in 1999...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Nice place to be from...
    Home of the nation's largest walled prison...now that's notoriety...
    Left in 1999...

ret
    I don't care for Jackson that much, but the Hillsdale area is very nice.
    Doug

Sig P229 .357/.40, G17, G19, G23, G27, Bushmaster XM-15, Ruger PC9 Carbine, Win. 1300 'Defender' 12 Ga. (among others)

"When seconds count, the police are just minutes away."

I haven't lived down there in years. I'm up in the Gaylord/Grayling area. I just took my CCW class from a guy up here. A couple of friends and I chose him because he was very easy to work with. He held a class just for the three of us, and only charged each of us what he would charge an individual in a normal class... plus his range was right out his back door, which made it very convenient. Only a one day class, and with that class, he invited us back for any of his advanced classes at no charge. If you're interested in a day trip to the north, PM me and I'll get you his contact info.

douglasd, yes I am straight down the road from the track, and the traffic gets backed up right past my house every flipping race weekend.

And an update, I'm now signed up for a class THIS saturday, as in... dec 2. Held at the Jackson county outdoors club by John & Penny Canning. I know them personally and expect them to be interesting teachers, to say the least. Why I was looking for another class when I know the local teachers is sort of a long story, just know I have nothing bad to say about either of them- just a messed up situation I got myself into that involves em in a round-about sort of way, just figured it'd be kind of uncomfortable taking a class with em.

Anyhow, thanks for the suggestions people.. and I'm still wanting to know where everyone shoots around here... especially indoor ranges.

a wealth of info here for MI gun owners :) Good luck with your CCW class and ask a LOT of questions.
    www.migunowners.org

CPL Class Lenawee County

Just took CPL class from 2 Police Officers, (1 retired the other still on the job). Their background and experience made it an enjoyable class as well as VERY informative. Well taught. They said that they will go to any neighboring counties as long as someone had a place to shoot and give group rate. Gave this info to people at work and it looks as though some classes may have been set up. Their # is 517-605-1183

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth23 View Post
    Hey, I'm just wondering who on the forum is from my area. I'm right smack dab in between jackson hillsdale and adrian. Also wondering where you took your ccw coarse, and where you shoot most. I know of a couple ranges, and I'm trying to get myself into a ccw class asap, anyone know of a good one? The topic of ccw got brought up at work last night and i found out no less than 3 of the people I work with carry(not to work) on a regular basis.
    If you are willing to travel to Lansing you could take my course in April. Hit me with a PM if you are interested..
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Check with Litchfield outdoors...They should be able to point you in the right direction...Theyre pretty reputable

Jeff

You folks might want to look at the date of the original post before replying...

Links