Defensive Carry banner

how much printing is acceptable

6K views 62 replies 42 participants last post by  Snub44 
#1 ·
Hey guys I am new to cc. I obtained my permit in January this year and have been carrying everyday. My everyday holster is a crossbreed super tuck which is awesome by the way. Yesterday I received a crossbreed snap slide for hunting season. Owb is amazingly comfortable. I was toying with the idea of using the snap slide daily. When I look in the mirror obviously I can notice a slight bulge but I wonder if its because I know where to look. Wore it all day around my house today since I was off and the wife didnt notice but I was hoping you experienced guys could lead me in the right direction as to how much the general public notices. Sorry for the long first post thanks for any help. Oh by the way you guys and gals on here are awesome for the knowledge you throw out here everyday.

#33 ·
Welcome to the site!

Being female this bulge makes me a bit nervous. Girls are not suppose to have a bulge - not getting personal but I had on loose britches while carrying the other day and it looked like....well, you know :shocked:

#34 ·
I'd just assume you'd lost your holster clip and it was saggin'. "Uh, ma'am, your holster's draggin' back there."

Of course, no matter what y'all do, the female carriers, nothing can quite compare to the ankle-dragger pants styles that some males seem to sport, these days. Heck, some of those could hide a Greyhound bus in there, for all the space they're allowing, and you'd never know it. "Bulge" indeed. Is that a B17 with a full bomb load, or are ya just happy to see me? :confused: :tongue:

#35 ·
I often walk around Wal-mart carrying in a Crossbreed, but what makes it even more fun, I also often wear my favorite T-shirt that plain and simply say's: "THIS CHICK IS PACKIN" with a picture of a handgun on it. Never been asked or confronted about it.

Sara Lou

Reactions: Rockymonster
#38 ·
There has been a lot of good commentary on this thread already. I will add that for me the amount of printing I am willing to tolerate is highly dependent on the situation. If I am walking my dog around the neighborhood, I am hardly considered about printing. If I am visiting my in-laws, who are extreme antis, concealed means concealed. I usually pocket carry when I am in their house to avoid any chance of starting WWIII. Most of the time I am somewhere in-between.

#39 ·
Printing seems to me to be a pretty easy fix...buy your cover shirts a bit bigger.

#40 ·
:embarassed: is that ah gun in your pants or are you just happy to see me :rolleyes:

CONCEAL
past participle, past tense of con•ceal (Verb)
Verb
A) Keep from sight; hide.
B)Keep (something) secret; prevent from being known or noticed: "love that they had to conceal from others".

CARRY
car•ry karē
Verb
Support and move (someone or something) from one place to another: "medics were carrying a wounded man on a stretcher".

Noun
An act of lifting and transporting something from one place to another: "we did a carry of equipment from the camp".

Synonyms
verb. bear - convey - take - transport - hold - bring - tote

noun. carriage

concealed carry means no one is suppose to know you are carrying:
Concealed carry, or CCW (carrying a concealed weapon), refers to the practice of carrying a handgun or other weapon in public in a concealed manner, either on one's person or in proximity, without anyone being able to know you have a weapon.

how much printing is acceptable :confused: zip, zero, none :tired:

#42 ·
A lot of us carry OWB. I carry that way about 99% of the time. I carried for a long time in a holster similar to the OP's, now it's a leather pancake. A good holster, good belt, and the right shirt almost no one will notice.

The real question is how much are you worried about it? Personally, I don't care if it prints. Which makes it that much easier. If you are going to be constantly worried about it, checking it, and fiddling with it; it might not be worth the trouble.

Best way to find out is to start carrying that way and see if you like it.

Reactions: XD40SCiinNC
#43 ·
I don't understand all the fuss about "printing". I live in Utah which last voted for a democratic president, uh, well, NEVER!!! So I guess it goes without saying we don't have to worry much about the subject. Open carry is legal as long as you can have a gun legally. If you have your cc permit you can print or conceal to your hearts content. I wear OWB virtually all the time and never have had a seconds concern about it. I just wear a large untucked T shirt or in winter a large flannel shirt over the holster. Now We can't get stupid and take a gun to the airport or government buildings of the banned sort but within reason there is no issue printing or carrying.

#45 ·
If the wife is with me I dont worry about printing because shes OCing a SW40VE. If anybody even notices her, which is seldom and only to compliment her "9mm" then get big eyed when she corrects then its a 40 cal, they never even notice my cc weapon LOL.

#49 ·
I don't care if I print some. I carry AIWB around 2 o'clock with close to a 18 degree forward cant. My gun holds tight against me, and unless it shifts a bit, you can't tell it's there. Drawing is not a problem with the cant using a Theis AWIB holster.

#54 ·
No-one will think twice of a bulge. People carry everything and it could be anything. Unless it straight up looks like a gun i don't think you have to worry. Even if it does look like a gun I bet only a few people would ever notice it. Most people are so submerged in their own little world that they don't pay too close attention to others unless you draw attention to yourself.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

#55 ·
CDW4ME printing guideline: avoid printing

I strive to be print free, even if leaned over to get something from a shopping cart, drink from a fountain, or sitting on a stool.
Near zero printing is possible with loose fitting clothing and the right pistol & holster.

:secret:

Reactions: warbirds
#57 ·
...that is not at all the letter of the law...

...this is the letter of the law: TX PC § 46.035. UNLAWFUL CARRYING OF HANDGUN BY LICENSE
HOLDER. (a) A license holder commits an offense if the license
holder carries a handgun on or about the license holder's person
under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code,
and intentionally fails to conceal the handgun.

...the law changes in September...and will then say:

S.B. No. 299

AN ACT

relating to the intentional display of a handgun by a person
licensed to carry a concealed handgun.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF TEXAS:
SECTION 1. Subsections (a) and (h), Section 46.035, Penal
Code, are amended to read as follows:
(a) A license holder commits an offense if the license
holder carries a handgun on or about the license holder's person
under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code,
and intentionally displays [fails to conceal] the handgun in plain
view of another person in a public place.
(h) It is a defense to prosecution under Subsection (a) that
the actor, at the time of the commission of the offense, displayed
the handgun under circumstances in which the actor would have been
justified in the use of force or deadly force under Chapter 9.
SECTION 2. The change in law made by this Act applies only to
an offense committed on or after the effective date of this Act. An
offense committed before the effective date of this Act is governed
by the law in effect on the date the offense was committed, and the
former law is continued in effect for that purpose. For purposes of
this section, an offense was committed before the effective date of
this Act if any element of the offense occurred before that date.
SECTION 3. This Act takes effect September 1, 2013.

#63 ·
...DPS...they serve to enforce the law, and their definition in the FAQ isn't what the DA uses to charge someone... nor the judge...and it isn't the letter of the law

...there is no debate...it's only a legal definition from GC411.171...totally different from the law that deals with concealing the handgun legally...PC46.035(a)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.