Finally My Wife Applied For Her GWP!!

This is a discussion on Finally My Wife Applied For Her GWP!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; She has been going back and forth about this for some time. Not an anti by no means as she already has an LCP and ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By tclance
  • 1 Post By Aceoky
  • 1 Post By OhioCatter
  • 1 Post By GeorgiaCarry
  • 1 Post By ShooterGranny

Thread: Finally My Wife Applied For Her GWP!!

Finally My Wife Applied For Her GWP!!

She has been going back and forth about this for some time. Not an anti by no means as she already has an LCP and likes to shoot occasionally. She applied on 8/8 and will be able to pick up her permit on
    or about 8/19. Got to love the way the system works in small town USA!! Something new though for our area, they actually take a picture of you, and your licence actually almost looks like your drivers licence. Its great as I have had to have mine re-laminated several times already.
    The best part is she will be wanting her LCP back which I have been carrying. And you know what that means, A new carry gun for me!!! Now the hard part, Which one to get? Been looking at G19 or G26 as my 1911 has gotten to be to heavy to carry for extended periods of time.
    TC
    GeorgiaCarry likes this.

2. Remove Ads

G19 is what I carry around the CSRA!
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Sounds just like my wife. She got into shooting with me and liked it. She put off getting her CC permit because she just felt she didn't need it for some reason. She felt I was going to protect her most of the time. But after an incident that made her feel uneasy while I wasn't around, she finally made the appointment to get her license and she now carrys everywhere. We carry each other's guns interchangeably. We just call them mutual property.

As far as which gun to purchase for you, take a look at the Walther PPS or the Glock 30 which is a thin .45. But the PPS is a lot lighter and operates and feels like a slim Glock as far as trigger, take down etc...

Congratulations!!! Soon you will have "the best backup" a non- LEO can have , nothing like it IMO
    OhioCatter likes this.

Telumpices, wish my wife would be generous with her 642 she says I leave fingerprints on it.

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    One more joining the ranks.....SWEET.
    Aceoky likes this.

I remember telling my wife she should apply. I expected all kinds of excuses, but all I got was "ok".

GeorgiaCarry
    Aceoky likes this.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org Life Member
    Defender of the 2nd Amendment
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

VIP Member

Cool Go - GIRLS!

GUYS - do whatever you can to encourage the women in your lives to become proficient shooters and to carry! Turning an old saying slightly around, I absolutely believe that what is good for the Gander is even better for for the Goose. Be prepared to purchase a series of guns for her as she progresses along her learning curve. I think starting with a revolver is a good idea for a very high percentage of new shooters.

Make sure "she" gets competent lessons (not from you) from an instructor who knows how to teach women. There IS a difference between teaching men and teaching women. Personally, I teach only one on one, and only women.

ALSO, be prepared for her to out shoot you - at least sometimes........
    Aceoky likes this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Links