texan to carry in tennesse?

This is a discussion on texan to carry in tennesse? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Planning a trip to graceland and nashville,is it legal to carry there ?thanks...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Aceoky
  • 2 Post By ShooterGranny
  • 2 Post By WhiskeyTangoFox
  • 1 Post By TN_Mike

Thread: texan to carry in tennesse?

Planning a trip to graceland and nashville,is it legal to carry there ?thanks

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    If you have a Texas Resident CHL permit you will be fine. Just brush up on their laws. I checked uscarry.org to look.

Keep in mind no gun signs DO carry the force of law in TN

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/tennessee.pdf
    TN_Mike and GhostMaker like this.

Not my part of our fair state, but welcome to TN anyway.

And, yes, do watch for the No Gun signs on buildings, businesses, etc. There are plenty of places to eat and shop where you can carry. What you can NOT do in any restaurant in TN is carry and drink any alcoholic beverage. I view this as a sensible part of our laws here - probably because my husband doesn't drink alcohol and when he is carrying I can be unarmed and have my beer or two with a meal.

Also, there are some municipalities that have "no gun" policies in their public parks and it would wise to check out details like that in advance if you can.

Have a great vacation with us!
    Aceoky and jem102 like this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Distinguished Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    Nashville is a great town with lots to do and see! OTOH, Memphis especially downtown can be downright dangerous! My wife was born and raised there and still has family there. Be careful and have a safe trip!
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Adding to the restaurant carry from above post.

You can not drink (at all) and carry, period.

You also can NOT carry inside a bar.

You can NOT carry in a restaurant that has a bar if you are seated in the bar section. Does not even have to be at the bar. Be sure to sit in the "food side" of the restaurant.

You can NOT carry in a restaurant/bar whose primary business is the bar. So if it is a bar "that serves food", you can not carry there.

Basically, use your brain. If it tells you it might not be allowed, listen to it.

Quote Originally Posted by jh225 View Post

You can NOT carry in a restaurant that has a bar if you are seated in the bar section. Does not even have to be at the bar. Be sure to sit in the "food side" of the restaurant.

You can NOT carry in a restaurant/bar whose primary business is the bar. So if it is a bar "that serves food", you can not carry there.

Basically, use your brain. If it tells you it might not be allowed, listen to it.
    TN does not license bars.

HuH. Where did you get that.

Once again, TN does not license business whose primary business is a bar. Law isn't always enforced however
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

FALSE FALSE FALSE!!! IT IS LEGAL TO CARRY in bars and resturants with bars as long as they are not posted and you are not drinking.
    TN_Mike and jem102 like this.
    Tada gan irracht - Nothing without effort

VIP Member
    Don't know much about bars in Tennessee, but was at the Grand Ole Opry last month and the no gun signs are plentiful.

Was under the impression that bars/bar areas were off limits.

Guess not. My mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Aceoky View Post
    Keep in mind no gun signs DO carry the force of law in TN

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/tennessee.pdf
    Sadly, this is true. It is stupid but it is true. The signs do have to site the correct law OR incorporate the gun busters symbol, gun inside a red circle with the red slash through it I completely hate this aspect of the law. But it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by 5lima30ret View Post
    Nashville is a great town with lots to do and see! OTOH, Memphis especially downtown can be downright dangerous! My wife was born and raised there and still has family there. Be careful and have a safe trip!
    This is partly true. Nashville can be just as rough as Memphis but in smaller more localized portions. Memphis is a dangerous city, especially after dark and sadly, in the part of town around Graceland. Rest assured, if The King were still alive, either he would not have let that part of town go downhill that much or, more likely, he wouldn't live here anymore. He's probably live in Las Vegas.

We just had a racisl hate crime, that the local media and police are doing all they can to cover it up as such. A white male nurse walking down Main Street Memphis in broad daylight was shot and killed by three people, 2 men and a woman, who happen to be black. Several of my friends on the MPD tell me that all three admit that they wanted to kill a white guy. They didn't rob him. They didn't threaten him. Just shot him and ran off.

So watch yourself in Memphis. It can be a very dangerous place.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyTangoFox View Post
    FALSE FALSE FALSE!!! IT IS LEGAL TO CARRY in bars and resturants with bars as long as they are not posted and you are not drinking.
    This is correct.
    Aceoky likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Was under the impression that bars/bar areas were off limits.

Guess not. My mistake
    No problem and no hard feelings. I think at one point what you said was true and a bar/resturaunt was also defined by the alcohol/food sales but Im not 100% sure.
    Tada gan irracht - Nothing without effort

Sponsored Links