Sig On My Mind

This is a discussion on Sig On My Mind within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The wife went shopping today so I went shooting. I've been looking at Sig's for the longest time now but always out of my price ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Sig On My Mind

Sig On My Mind

The wife went shopping today so I went shooting. I've been looking at Sig's for the longest time now but always out of my price range. The SP2022 has fallen back into my price range now and so I decided to rent it out after putting 50 rounds through my MP40. And I. AM. IN. LOVE.

That thing is sweet. The double action pull is smooth and crisp. I had no issues what so ever putting rounds on target effectively at about 21 ft.

Now comes the questions, anyone have issues with this polymer? How does it conceal? Does it eat everything you put through it? Overall functionality, rate it 1-10.

The wife is getting her AR at the end of the month, I think I'll make the Sig my "well you got a gun, i should get one too" argument. Not to mention my bday being on the 12th of Sept.

Perfect timing!

Let me know what you guys think about it.

1098515_10201811751117470_1506912478_n.jpg

2. Remove Ads

Great gun especially for the price. I have never had a failure in 2,000 plus rounds. It conceals well enough for its class. As far as functionality, I'd give it an 8.78 (roughly).
    GSDSchutzhund likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Love mine in 9mm and carry it everyday have about 1000 rounds through mine without a failure and that's with 600 rounds of those not cleaning in between. No issues whatsoever except having trouble finding as many holsters as glocks and such but the holsters I want it is getting better.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk 2

mkh
    I have one in .40 and I wold rate it a 10.

It conceals well for me and it has one of the best triggers I've ever seen rivalling the P series triggers.

it doesnt count if you are shooting from a distance of 3 inches.

nice shootin, btw
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Thanks 357and40. I wanna get this one in 9mm and I think it would make a good sidekick to my MP for an EDC. I also like everything about the 250 but the back end where the hammer is. That kills it for me.
    Kennydale likes this.

I think a case of Signess is developing. Only one cure!
    GSDSchutzhund and Aceoky like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot View Post
    I think a case of Signess is developing. Only one cure!
    Its perfect timing too. My $600 bonus from the Marine Corps comes on the 1st, wife gets her S&W M&P 15 on the 1st and my bday is on the 12th. The stars are aligning!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by GSDSchutzhund View Post
    Its perfect timing too. My $600 bonus from the Marine Corps comes on the 1st, wife gets her S&W M&P 15 on the 1st and my bday is on the 12th. The stars are aligning!! lol
    If you don't mind pre-owned, check Bud's gun shop. On the left side of their webpage is the menu bar. Look for SIG SAUER CPO SALE and click on it. I bought a P226 in .40 cal from them for $575 shipped. These guns are completely gone over by a Sig Armourer and mine was in like new condition all around...not a scratch on it. Came with 2 mags and the newer one piece snap-on grip. My wife has the SP2022 in 9mm, which I really, really like and I LOVE the P226 even more. The P226 is WAY easier to take down and reassemble after cleaning than the SP2022. As far as shooting, I like both of them. I am a goodly amount better on the targets with our Sigs compared to my SR9c (Ruger).

So, since you will be "inheriting" $600, check out Buds.

Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    I find the Sig Pro a perfectly adequate pistol, but it is not a P Series gun. If you are looking for an excellent polymer pistol that will serve you well the 2022 is it. If your heart desires a true Sig P Series gun this 2022 will not fill that void and you will likely buy a second Sig later.

If funds are tight I would follow Ace's advice above, maybe not the P226 part if you are looking for a CC pistol; look to one of the best 9mm's made, the P228.

I had a tough time choosing between the 250 and the 2022. Love all the traditional Sig features of the 2022 but picked the 250 for all the options of size and caliber. Got a 9sc, then a .45f kit. Once I get the .40c kit, the 2022 in 9mm is next.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

GSDschutzhund, Sigs are to guns what GSDs are to dogs, top of the line and like no other.
    GSDSchutzhund likes this.

I love the metal Sigs but I'm not a fan of their polymer guns. I had the light strike issue so many people get with the 250 and it had to go back twice. Then I had a new 2022 have all kinds of feeding and extraction issues (eventually found out it was shipped with a bent extractor) so it had to go back as well. I didn't like the trigger on either one very much also. I got rid of the 250 and the 2022 is on extreme long term loan to a family member. I don't miss them.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post
    I find the Sig Pro a perfectly adequate pistol, but it is not a P Series gun. If you are looking for an excellent polymer pistol that will serve you well the 2022 is it. If your heart desires a true Sig P Series gun this 2022 will not fill that void and you will likely buy a second Sig later.

If funds are tight I would follow Ace's advice above, maybe not the P226 part if you are looking for a CC pistol; look to one of the best 9mm's made, the P228.
    Great, now I have to think about the P Series too... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot View Post
    GSDschutzhund, Sigs are to guns what GSDs are to dogs, top of the line and like no other.
    Well that seals it for me!

Anyone do any mods to theirs that they felt necessary? Trigger swaps, barrel springs, etc?

I have 3 P229s and a P224, my son has 1 229, never felt a need to change anything other than grips. Tried Hogue rubber grips, my son liked them and kept them on his. They felt large to me so I tried some G10s but liked the E2s the best so I went back to the stock grip. 229s have over 3000 rounds and never any kind of problem with any of the 4 guns. The 224 had problems right out of the box and it is back at Sig now.
    Drgnfly likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links