Why we practice.

This is a discussion on Why we practice. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Good video. I apologize if this has been posted already. The Store Owner Who Killed 5 Gang Members...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Why we practice.

Why we practice.

Good video. I apologize if this has been posted already.

The Store Owner Who Killed 5 Gang Members
    tcbrad98 and iblearning like this.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Benjamin Franklin

"Ignorance can be treated with education, sadly there is no cure for stupidity."

2. Remove Ads

Saw it several times but love it every time I see it. A man who refused to be cowed or terrorized and met force with force. Got to admire the man.
    Aceoky and NONAME762 like this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Yep, the name Lance Thomas should be one that is very well known to anyone who believes in defense of ones life with a gun. He has walked the walk more than once.
    Aceoky likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

pretty cool story. I think I'd have closed up shop after the second attempted robbery though. I admire his refusing to be a victim. If more people made that choice there would probably be a lot less crime.
    NONAME762 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    These incidents were referenced recently in a "empty chamber" carry debate we had on the forum recently. Excellent learning tool for those who carry to protect themselves.
    Aceoky likes this.

Senior Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    "Repeatedly firing his (the perp) weapon at point blank range"
    Good to know most bad guys are not found at the range.

"Gang members were out for revenge, Thomas closed his store"
    and
    "Life has been one of seclusion"
    IMO this is where the law of the land has fallen woefully short.

Because [his] life has been forcefully changed due to fear, this to me fulfills the definition of TERRORISM and should be prosecuted as such!

If we did not live in such a politically correct, constitutionally molested society; I would write what I really think concerning this type of gang intimidation.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

There is a state of being for certain people in certain careers called the .01%. The thought is that there is usually a 99.9% chance that nothing will happen. You can go throughout your daily life until you die of old age and never have to deal with being a victim of a violent confrontation. We train for that .01% chance that it could happen and live our daily lives as if that .01% has a 100% chance of taking place. This form of awareness has saved many lives. Train, train, train and then when your sick of training train some more.

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    What a story.

The lessons to be taken from all of this are not the gun fights, but the mindset of Lance. Without that, I fear he may not have been successful in his SD actions....
    Doghandler and Bill MO like this.

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar
    I like the feeling of solemn that I'm feeling after this story. Good manners will treat us well.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

The first encounter where the BG didn't get killed, he got 5 years. FIVE YEARS!!! armed robbery????. Where is the real justice?. People get more than that for avoiding taxes, its ok to rob, as long as its not the government you're robbing from.

Sara Lou
    NONAME762 likes this.
    Just because i'm paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get me....

Reminds me of the movie Jeremiah Johnson, where the Indians considered their strength was based on the power of their enemies. Of course the Indians had some integrity when these gang bangers lack anything human and should be disposed of.
    NONAME762 likes this.

They cant go get the bangers thats profiling. Have to wait till they draw a weapon. Another reason to never visit California or any major city.

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeephipwr View Post
    Reminds me of the movie Jeremiah Johnson, where the Indians considered their strength was based on the power of their enemies. Of course the Indians had some integrity when these gang bangers lack anything human and should be disposed of.
    Let's not confuse self defense with integrity. Self defense is what you can defend in court, pure and simple.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Tho I can definitely understand his reluctance to do so, this Lance Thomas should be at the forefront of the SD issue across America as a spokesman for both the right to own firearms and the right to armed Self Defense. NRA should make this man an offer as a spokesman. What's more I'd really like to see Mr Thomas go toe to toe SD vs victimization with Bloombutt, Feinswine or any other lackey of the disarmament movement across the USA. This man has cahones the size of bowling balls. I'd like to see him make a run for Governor in Washington state. I would surmise he has other ideas of a Freedom bent. I dare say he would make a much better president than the piece of crap wannabe we are currently stuck with.

Purely from the standpoint of a man his friend, that real cute woman in the video looks like a real keeper. But if the roles were reversed and this had of been me I wouldn't want her anywhere near my business unless she was of the same mindset as I and as well trained and practiced as Mr Thomas.
    Aceoky likes this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links