Police took my guns...

This is a discussion on Police took my guns... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A few months back I screwed up and had a negligent discharge. Police took all my weapons away. A bunch of you ragged on me ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Police took my guns...

Police took my guns...

A few months back I screwed up and had a negligent discharge. Police took all my weapons away. A bunch of you ragged on me and had felt you'd run me off. Well I was never charged with a crime or arrested. FYI, my weapons have returned home again, no lawyer needed.

2. Remove Ads

Glad everything worked out OK. I hope that you never have the unfortunate lapse into whatever it was that created the ND.

Do everything you can to assure people associate you with firearms safety.
    awoodpd13 likes this.
    Train like your life depends on it, because it does.

NRA Life Member

Glad it all worked out for you... NY must be THE place to live, then... or not... maybe everybody just hoped they'd run you out of NY... not out of DC...
    mprp likes this.
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

I don't recall the story but I'm glad it appears to have all worked out for you. Stay safe.
    Aceoky likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Rest assured NY SUCKS. Up until recently, I was unaware that NY has a "duty to retreat" law, as opposed to the rest of the US Gavin's the "stand your ground" law. This added to the 7 round limit, not cool.

Glad you of them back!!!

I just read your original thread and didn't see anyone ragging on you trying to run you off.
    Aceoky likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyZX636R View Post
    A few months back I screwed up and had a negligent discharge. Police took all my weapons away. A bunch of you ragged on me and had felt you'd run me off. Well I was never charged with a crime or arrested. FYI, my weapons have returned home again, no lawyer needed.
    That's good!

Good for you, I'm glad your guns have been returned. Be careful not to let history repeat itself. good luck
    Don't let the facts cloud your judgement.
    Guns don't make decisions, people do.
    Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying...Ralph Waldon Emerson
    NRA Member

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    If the forum lords want to run you off, you will be run off. Of that there's no doubt. But it's good to hear you seized firearms have been returned.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    I was not here at that time . But glad things worked out for you education can be scary at times .
    Member of the NRA
    Gun Safety is Life Safety
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyZX636R View Post
    Was the negligent discharge at a public location?????

Always Fight Crime - Shoot back until it stops.
    NRA member and supporter.
    A Gun without Ammo is called a door stop.

Welcome. Not here for the original deal, but everybody screws up something sometime. It's whether you learn from it that's important.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Distinguished Member
    Glad it worked out OK for you.

I went back and read the old thread. No-one was trying to run you off. They were giving you adivice not to post about the incident on a public forum. which was good advice considering you were dealing with a law enforecement issue.

Now that it is over, would mind sharing more details so that we might all learn from your experience?
    Hopyard, Aceoky, ccw9mm and 1 others like this.

No, in home discharge, nosy neighbor called, took police 3 hours to arrive. Glad there was no real emergency.
    NONAME762 and NECCdude like this.

Court ordered me to take safety class and they would give my weapons back. Judge said clearly an accident and since no charges were filed I could have them back!
    NONAME762 and pittypat21 like this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links