Guilford County, NC CHP Wait Time

This is a discussion on Guilford County, NC CHP Wait Time within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know this horse has been beaten to death but this topic needs to be updated. What is the current wait time anyone has experienced ...

I know this horse has been beaten to death but this topic needs to be updated. What is the current wait time anyone has experienced in Guilford County, NC for their CHP? I applied June 24th of this year and was told it would take up to 90 days. In reading past threads on this, I have heard experiences ranging from 65 to well over 100 days or longer. I know Guilford is one of the longest in the state which is peculiar due to Sheriff Barnes supposed strong support of the 2nd Amendment and of CHP laws or so he says.

In the mean time, I'm open carrying legally. Out of curiosity, how long has it been for anyone who has applied recently in Guilford County?

I got mine earlier in the year, but my wait time was 118 days. I called them on day 100, and they said they had just begun processing the applications for the month I applied in.

Most of the people I know with CHPs up here are about the same story. It seems the 90 day estimate is for them to start on the month you apply in. For reference, I applied on the 2nd day of the month and got mine 18 days after they supposedly start that month.

My advice is basically be the squeaky wheel. Annoy them and they'll push yours to get you to stop bothering them.

[QUOTE=TurboTurtle;2883692]I got mine earlier in the year, but my wait time was 118 days. I called them on day 100, and they said they had just begun processing the applications for the month I applied in.

Most of the people I know with CHPs up here are about the same story. It seems the 90 day estimate is for them to start on the month you apply in. For reference, I applied on the 2nd day of the month and got mine 18 days after they supposedly start that month.

They mail them out now. When I applied the first thing they had us do was to sit at the table and fill out our name and mailing address on an envelope. I say us because they were taking up to ten folks at a time. One of the reasons for the delay is the number of applications they have to process. That office was full of them that day. I was in and out in about 20 to 25mins tops. I am currently open carrying until the permit comes in. My guess for the mail out is to cut down on the "where is the permit" calls to the office.

Links