Hope y'all are going to Starbucks tomorrow

This is a discussion on Hope y'all are going to Starbucks tomorrow within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Don't know if this is posted already (I didn't see it anywhere). But apparently the 'anti-gun' lobbyists are having an "avoid starbucks" day on saturday ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Hope y'all are going to Starbucks tomorrow

Don't know if this is posted already (I didn't see it anywhere). But apparently the 'anti-gun' lobbyists are having an "avoid starbucks" day on saturday august 24th 2013.

Gun control group: 'Skip Starbucks Saturday'

I for one will try my best to visit a Starbucks tomorrow, even tho' I have never in my life visited one before, and of course I will be carrying. I don't see how trying to punish a business for following state laws would help a 'cause'. Nice to see all the 'comments' section of the papers readership mainly reflect a sensible response.

Sara Lou
    h2ohta, Aceoky and Phaedrus like this.
    If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you lost...

Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn...

It never gets easier, you just get stronger...

I don't have a local Starbucks. Nearest one is a 2 hour drive. Maybe I'll make the trip, maybe not. We use to have a local Starbucks but they left a few years ago. I love their mochas and frappes even though they go overboard with the sugar.

VIP Member
    Hell, I'll go and I don't even drink Coffee. I'm sure they will have something I'll like. Support those who support you is how I look at it.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

To me it's ridiculous to pay that much for a cup of coffee. (I only drink black coffee) Tomorrow I'll make an exception I'm sure Mrs tdave will get one frapawhatevers.

Their muffins & coffee cake is wicked good.... even if you dont drink coffee...
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Why are the anti's picking on StarBucks anyway? As far as I can tell StarBucks is completely neutral on the subject and just honors the local gun laws. They are just selling coffee. 98% of businesses have that same MO. I know the California "unloaded OC" thing started in a Starbucks, but Starbucks didn't organize or encourage anything. IDK, its just a weird reason to hold a long-standing grudge.
    Alex_C and Gav1230 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NECCdude View Post
    I don't have a local Starbucks. Nearest one is a 2 hour drive. Maybe I'll make the trip, maybe not.
    I didn't eve know that was possible in this day and age. (Not having a local Starbucks, that is.)
    I'm not a coffee drinker, but I'll try to get into one tomorrow for you.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post
    Their muffins & coffee cake is wicked good.... even if you dont drink coffee...
    I'm there! Hey, we got some MB members here (and you know who you are) want to meet up at the Starbucks in NMB?
    Matthew 5:44

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;.

~ Jesus ~

I'd be willing to bet most of those weak minded anti pukes don't have the intestinal fortitude to give up their coffee for a day.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Benjamin Franklin

"Ignorance can be treated with education, sadly there is no cure for stupidity."

We cant open carry here in California but the wife and I will be visiting tomorrow and will be mentioning our thanks to them for their stance on gun rights :)

Quote Originally Posted by rigel42 View Post
    Why are the anti's picking on StarBucks anyway? As far as I can tell StarBucks is completely neutral on the subject and just honors the local gun laws. They are just selling coffee. 98% of businesses have that same MO. I know the California "unloaded OC" thing started in a Starbucks, but Starbucks didn't organize or encourage anything. IDK, its just a weird reason to hold a long-standing grudge.
    Quite simply because the 'anti-gun' see anyone who is neutral as pro-gun and therefore against their 'cause', and places like Starbucks are easy targets.

I'm hoping Starbucks have their best sales day in their history, which hopefully will send a message to the 'anti' contingent of government who may be monitoring this situation, and the "i'm safe in my little bubble" anti-gun crowd, that americans won't stand for this kind of 'bullying' of their allies.

Sara Lou
    If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you lost...

Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn...

It never gets easier, you just get stronger...

I think I can make a stop tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by farsidefan1 View Post
    Hell, I'll go and I don't even drink Coffee. I'm sure they will have something I'll like. Support those who support you is how I look at it.
    They have some iced teas. Their black teak & lemonade mix (unsweetened) is great.
    Somewhere in the Pacific NW

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    Sorry no Starbucks in town.. But they have ''WELLDONE"" from me.

The wifey and I will be there and be armed.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links