The possibility that BG read this forum...

This is a discussion on The possibility that BG read this forum... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Okay, I am all for not laying out all one's cards, but I don't follow... what do you fear from "good guys"? I would have ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The possibility that BG read this forum...

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Okay, I am all for not laying out all one's cards, but I don't follow... what do you fear from "good guys"? I would have thought most of us view each other as allies, more or less.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    allies yes, but loose lips sink ships. If some of my tactics become common knowledge or practice, I loose my advantage; both on the street and in the court room. I will share most of the knowledge I have, but some stuff needs to remain tricks up my sleeve.

Assistant Administrator
    I see your point SIXTO - main thing I reckon anyways is - any BG's reading our discussions better endevor to avoid CC members - because for most part we are a dedicated group where defence of self is taken VERY seriously.

Very few potential/willing victims here !
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Garland, NC (About 25 miles east of Fayetteville)
    I am sure that some BGs are smart enough to do this type of research, but I do not think this would be the place they would do it. It would be far more advantageous for a BG to study the tactics of the police, as they are far more likely to encounter resistance by the police. Since most of the "smarter" responses to scenarios on this forum are based on LE or Military tactics in one way or another, the BG would not learn anything here that they would not already learned studying LE tactics.

Also IF a BG is smart enough to do research and prepare prior to his crime, then it is far less likely for us to encounter him/her in our typical "thug like" scenarios. This smarter prepared BG is not the one who is going to hold up the local gas station or quick-e-mart. They will find targets that pay out better, in an environment they can control more, so it is less risk for them. They would also try to avoid any confrontations or contact with others during the commission of their crimes.

Also, most would know that they are far less likely to be caught by the police if they avoid all violence during the commission of their crimes. Non-violent crimes are much less of a priority for the police, and thus more go unsolved and some even get no attention at all other than a report. With our criminal justice system today, only a very small number of crimes are ever solved, and even less result in a conviction. The smart BGs know this and will try to stay below the radar.

I am much more worried about the "word of mouth" lessons that criminals share with each other. This is VERY common in jail/prison. A two bit thug that goes to jail can actually become a better criminal WHILE in jail. Rehabilitation for some means they become a better criminal for the next round.
    "Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud..."
    -Jeff Cooper, "The Art of the Rifle"

I really don't care if a BG knows if I have a loaded Mossberg 500 Pistol Grip Pump leaning up against and a loaded Glock 17 on my nightstand. What is he going to do? Bring his liberal lawyer with him when he breaks in :P

I don't think the vast majority of the BG's are smart enough to use a computer, but even if one or two are, maybe they will realize that there are quite a lot of average people that aren't afraid to defend themselves. I'm much more concerned about our wonderful ATF boys.

Self defense is no secret.
    The Problem: When stupid people do stupid things, smart people end up getting killed.

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    I guess I haven't thought of it. But since I have a tendency to blog at work, the second I figured out that someone else on the system was reading my posts. I removed all distinguishing features anywhere I go on the web.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Lead Moderator
    Without a doubt , some BG's will be researching info on the net. luckily, most of what we type isn't totally a play by play tactical map.
    I have run in to subjects researching criminal handbooks / how to manuals on the web.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar

Cool

Well , your average mugger- convenience store robber - or drug dealer
    probably isn't looking to beat us at gun games.
    They have too many sheep they can go after.

I might have some concerns about home invasion/robbers looking
    for targets , so I won't be posting details about my Maserati collection
    or the bags of gold double eagles I keep in my sock drawer...
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    In all honesty... they can read this forum as much as they like. Let them continue. I don't welcome having to use my firearm, but I will. Too many hours gunfighting with government agents has dulled me to it, as sad as it sounds.

Bring me your weak, unwilling to work. Bring me your sad and criminal intent. They will find no mercy from someone who has worked so hard for what little they have. I have been trained and will not go quietly into the night. Will they?

Molon Labe.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

This is very true anyone can get access to the computer and internet if they want to. They just have to be smart enough to use it!!!
    "Dont be afraid to go after what you want to do, and what you want to be. But don't be afraid to be willing to pay the price." - Lane Frost

BG's reading this forum? are we talking about Liberals? (oops... did I say that out loud)

Let them research all they want.

What they will find out is that there are lots of aware and alert people on the street, some of whom are armed with up to three guns and most likely that the caliber of one of them will start with a 4.

The possibility that BG read this forum...
    Of course they do. At least, the smart ones do their research. And the smart ones are the folks we'll never see.

Let 'em come. All one can do is: be prepared; resist to the extent able; use your head; act from the heart.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links