The possibility that BG read this forum...

This is a discussion on The possibility that BG read this forum... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by tnoisaw If a bd read what we have said I would think they would be more fearful that they’re people out there ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The possibility that BG read this forum...

Quote Originally Posted by tnoisaw View Post
    If a bd read what we have said I would think they would be more fearful that they’re people out there who carry and will use it if necessary and they don’t know who we are, ie, concealed.
    Good point! If I was a BG and read some stuff on here, I would change "professions" soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Hekkenschutze View Post
    I really don't care if a BG knows if I have a loaded Mossberg 500 Pistol Grip Pump leaning up against and a loaded Glock 17 on my nightstand. What is he going to do? Bring his liberal lawyer with him when he breaks in :P
    That is hilarious! The question is... which one of them would get shot first? ...I mean, they are both breaking and entering in the still of the night right?
    XD SC 9mm
    S&W 340pd

Minnesota Gun Talk

"A thing long expected takes the form of the unexpected when at last it comes." Mark Twain

2. Remove Ads

Administrator

Question

Hummmmmmmmm....peacefuljeffrey How do we know that you're not really a violent Bad Guy that is disguised as being Peaceful?

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    If they learned anything useful to them, it might be to turn around and run as fast as they can the instant their intended victim produces a weapon. None of us are keen on shooting anyone in the back, no matter how much they might deserve it.

The first thing I thought of when I read the title of this thread (other than the obvious "Liberal" comment) was "Gee, that last thread about the tactical-clip knives would be a great give away for a robber if he were to do research on this site."

if they do maybe they will get the hint that some will not victims and they can have the tables turned on them.
    if they had the attention span to read the forum they could get a real job.

I've known some BG's in my time, plenty of them, my own younger brother is a career criminal and drug user and he does live several hundred miles away and doesn't know where I live. On the rare occasion when we would meet someone else will set up a meeting and we'll meet in public.
    Most BG's aren't the type to read or research anything. Most of their "learning" takes place in prison, through their "circle of friends" and in the school of hard knocks.
    There are some,but very few who are intelligent enough to learn and they're the scary ones.
    As a friend of mine who was a LEO LT in Philly once told me, if they weren't so dumb they would never get caught and the smart ones rarely do. I guess that's the difference between a career criminal and a professional criminal.

All we can do is stay alert, practice, seek training, share info ourselves and be ready and willing to act if the need should arise.
    PC has become the term for Political Cowardice.

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    I'll bet as many bad guys read this forum as good guys read prison forums about how many cigarettes you need to trade for sex.

Well, maybe they are right in the middle or realizing that there are some folks out there who will shoot them if they act in such a manner that needs shooting...............good on them.

Was at the local gun shop last week and there are a lot A LOT of folks getting armed. I think that BG's go to the gun shop too. Should be a sobbering experience for them.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLeather View Post
    I'll bet as many bad guys read this forum as good guys read prison forums about how many cigarettes you need to trade for sex.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by SixBravo View Post
    In all honesty... they can read this forum as much as they like. Let them continue. I don't welcome having to use my firearm, but I will. Too many hours gunfighting with government agents has dulled me to it, as sad as it sounds.
    huh?

Criminals are stupid. That's why they are criminals.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

You would think that if B/G did read this and other related
    boards, He probably would choose his/her vic a little
    more wisely.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Well, I rarely have anything stunningly profound to add and I won't make an exception now.

I just checked at http://www.burglarcarry.com/ and the site does not exist so hopefully they are not as united in figuring us out as we are in figuring them out.

I agree with others that persons of the criminal bent are not likely to research and communicate to further their knowledge. Most criminals would possess a certain social dysfunction (that's why they're criminals) that would tend to limit this sort of trust and open information sharing.

If the chances of being involved in a self-defense situation is a thousand to one, then the chances of being involved in a self-defense situation where the criminal calls you by your CombatCarry handle must be rapidly approaching lazy-eight to one.

But just in case... hey BGs! We are here and we know you! We understand you and your motives. We know what makes you steal and we know how to make you stop. You have been warned.

PapaScout (aka Ron)
    "If you so much as bunny hop I'll cut your heart out!" Billy Bob Thornton in The Last Real Cowboys

"I carry a gun for the same reason that I carry health insurance and a cell phone - be prepared."

Discussion and theory can only go so far. Training and execution is where the line gets drawn. Speaking from a military strategic standpoint, you can study your enemy (and he can study you) as much as you both want. Once you realize that he knows what you know, and you know what he knows, it becomes a matter of who can put that knowledge to use the best and quickest.

Furthermore, I'd be willing to bet that most common criminals do not train as often as we do (and we SHOULD be training), therefore giving us the upper hand.

And if they do?

Train harder.

I guess my definition of a BG is different then others. If a person is breaking the law whether high tech or violent in my book they are still BG. There are a lot of high tech criminals using computers to research and do crimes. Simply I trust no one, not even family members or my best of friends. People can change in a very short time. A lot that determines if a person becomes a 'BG' is what is going on in their life.

If the laws were to be changed, where Guns were prohibited there would be any numerous people here who could with a stroke of a pen become 'BG'. It is a very dangerous assumption that all BG are stupid. As in all walks of life there are various levels of Intelligence.
    Also there are various levels of commen sense.

Don't kid yourself, there are people in Prison who have very high IQ, as well as some on the outside, who haven't been caught yet, who are sociopaths with very high IQ.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links