The possibility that BG read this forum...

This is a discussion on The possibility that BG read this forum... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; /\//\ and thats why I don't lay all my cards out for the world to see....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The possibility that BG read this forum...

Administrator
    /\//\ and thats why I don't lay all my cards out for the world to see.

2. Remove Ads

I don't see much here that's rocket science for the BG to learn.

What would benefit us would be to read, study and monitor news about attacks to learn more and more about how BGs select their victims. That would help us continue to hone our tactics.

And, no, criminals are not stupid. They possess expertise in their own chosen "occupation" and some are better than others. We read about the less-skilled ones, since they get caught. I'm more afraid of those who ply their trade so well that they have not yet been put away. Fortunately for us, the majority are driven by greed or need for drugs, both of which push them to the point of making mistakes and getting caught.

Just as with any enemy, I am not too quick to call BGs stupid.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Most BG's aren't going to take the tiime or trouble to check on the "opposition" since they are usually interested in targets of opportunity, but if they do, I wouldn't be bothered a bit. If a BG see's what he may be up against in an encounter with a CC citizen, he may have second thoughts about doing it. Also, if by some cosmic miracle they are smart enough figure a way to recognize people who carry, they should also be smart enough to realize they need to look for easier targets.
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

Back in early LEO days we watched videos taken in prison excercise yards. Cons were practicing disarms;techniques for hiding weapons,etc. One of the myths that that was debunked about BG not training came f/Miami FBI shoot. Witness testimony showed one BG was shooting Ruger 44mag carbine weekly.Real criminals do train and they do prepare. Most street crime against civilians are targets of oppurtunity from common criminals;muggings,carjack,etc. Professionals go for the most reward w/least risk and they do their homework. I can't count the number of houses we hit and found subscriptions to all of the latest gun/tactics/survival mags. One I found hiding behind oil tank in basement used to hang his B10's in the windows as a warning to the neighbors about his prowess w/firearms. Search for a gov't report f/ a few years ago. Crips/Bloods had prospects join the military for weapons/tactical training. Some OC groups list this as a requirement for entry.
    They do train,we have to train more/better.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    khanfam6, that's a chilling account.

It's a Darwinian process. The stupid criminals get caught. The good ones are only refining their craft. Refining it using hands-on application. In both cases, they're always learning. The moment you underestimate your enamy will be the moment your family is identifying your corpse in the morgue.

BTW, how many cigerettes does it cost?

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    I know for a fact that BGs teach each other all manner of things while in prison. How to break LEO holds, how to better commit breaking-and-entering crimes, etc, etc.

A few years in prison is like a college degree in practical criminal techniques.

It would stand to reason that some persons of a criminal bent would frequent forums such as this... for intel on their natural enemies if nothing else. I suspect that most "gang-banger" types are just wannabees who learn their tactics from Hollywood... but just as with anything there are those who seek to perfect their craft. Those last, the professionals, are in many ways the least dangerous... because they know there's no margin in racking up a murder or ADW charge while trying to mug somebody for pocketchange. OTOH they may be the most dangerous if things DO degenerate into a firefight.

I suspect you're more likely to have to fight the wannabees, or that they're more likely to screw up and give you the chance to fight back, but that they would be less capable in a fight.

The best swordsman in the world doesn't fear the second best, he fears the rank amature because he doesn't know what the fool will do.

Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    What I'm wondering is whether they spread info -- or seek it from sources like this -- about how to spot the armed resistors, or how to deal with them if they inadvertently pick them as victims.

What do you think?
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Shooting the BG is OK, but Lord help you if he trips over your skateboard or loose carpeting while robbing your home.

He'll sue the bejeezus out of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hekkenschutze View Post
    What is he going to do? Bring his liberal lawyer with him when he breaks in :P
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    You know if that's the case I wonder if the bad guys have a forum where they discuss tatics as how to attack innocent people. (I mean other than the Al queda types)
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.

He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?"

NousDefionsDoc
    www.professionalsoldiers.com

Words to live by....

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    Furthermore, I'd be willing to bet that most common criminals do not train as often as we do (and we SHOULD be training), therefore giving us the upper hand.

And if they do?

Train harder.

I've only ever met 2 BG's that I would believe would read a forum for research. One was a diagnosed narcissistic personality. His coke habit led to an armed robbery habit, when he was sober he was dangerous just because he seemed like a normal joe. The other was a diagnosed anti social disorder. The guy gives me goose bumps thinking about him now. Fortunately, I was able to impress on him very quickly that his continual breathing depended greatly on his never posing a threat to me or mine. We were able to get along well afterwards. Most of the BG's Ive ever met were true bricks who considerered anything that even remotely resembled research through reading to be work and were deathly afraid of it.
    We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
    George Orwell

Senior Member Array Joshua M. Smith's Avatar
    Ya'll remember Gunkid/Hardin/Cando etc, right? Remember how he got busted not long ago?

I've only scanned the posts here but the majority seem to think that most criminals do not do their research.

When I went to Vincennes University on a criminal justice major, I was going with some felons. I asked them why they even bothered as they had no chance of becoming officers. I was told that they wanted to become better criminals.

The main thing that they should learn from these boards is that they are not in charge when it comes to an attack. Though they may be the aggressors, we will not hesitate to end their lives through what often is a messy and painful process, and that our firepower is likely superior to their firepower, so attempting to attack would be doubly unwise on their parts.

Why do ya'll think crime goes down in shall-issue states? It's certainly not because all the violent offenders are being shot; it's because of information. They know that we present a united front and the law stands behind us.

It's only the invicible types, the desperate types, the suicidal types, and that special breed that doesn't care, that we now have to watch for. The ones who become "minute criminals" as I call them - those who simply believe it's a good idea at the time - are likely the ones who are dwindling, as well as anyone who has time to really think about it.

Josh <><

I think ill go add another layer of tin foil to my hat

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua M. Smith View Post
    Ya'll remember Gunkid/Hardin/Cando etc, right? Remember how he got busted not long ago?
    hahahahaha, I remember him from another forum he was banned from. It took him a total of 3 days to get banned from that one. Is he the "True Believer" Tanksoldier's quote was referring to?

Administrator
    Can someone enlighten me on the Gunkid/Hardin/Cando deal? I guess this was before my time on CC. Maybe post a link so I can read up? Sounds like it might be funny stuff.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links