The possibility that BG read this forum...

This is a discussion on The possibility that BG read this forum... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Gunkid/Hardin/Cando (different names he posted under) was a ninja-jedi-tactical-all knowing/all seeing master of all things tactical. He would react violently to any posts that disagreed ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The possibility that BG read this forum...

Gunkid/Hardin/Cando (different names he posted under) was a ninja-jedi-tactical-all knowing/all seeing master of all things tactical.

He would react violently to any posts that disagreed with his.

He was busted for some kind of stupid crime (I forget what) but he turned out to be a fifty-something nobody.

Apparently, he got his kicks playing Rambo on various forums.

As far as worrying about bad guys learning how to be bad guys from this forum, I can't get too concerned. I think Ayoob talked about something similar when defending why he wrote "In the Gravest Extreme".

Some people accused him of writing a book that would help the bad guys.

His response was that if the bad guys were smart enough to read his book, they would have already read various police procedure manuals.

The bottom line is that if the bad guy wants to find info, he will.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    He was busted for some kind of stupid crime (I forget what) but he turned out to be
    Story of Gunkid's arrest.

Quote Originally Posted by Freepublic.com
    Man held on federal complaint (gunkid busted)

A convicted felon suspected of stashing stolen weapons and almost 11,000 bullets in a Norman storage locker is being held in the Oklahoma County jail on a federal complaint, officials said.

John Melvin Davis, 53, was arrested June 19 outside a trailer home at 12101 Village Dr. in Noble.

He is being held without bail and faces a complaint of possession of ammunition after a prior felony conviction. According to a federal detention order, Davis has past convictions on eight federal offenses and received five separate sentences totaling more than 20 years in prison.

Bob Troester, a spokesman for the U.S. attorney’s office in Oklahoma City, said Davis is likely to face more than the ammunition complaint. He said his office will seek an indictment within 30 days.

According to a search warrant return filed Wednesday in Cleveland County District Court:

June 16, Davis’ estranged wife told the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms that Davis had broken into her Colorado storage unit and stolen “several assault rifles, hand guns, some gold, silver and other ... items.” She said Davis, who has at least eight aliases, stored most of the loot in Norman.

An Oklahoma woman told agents that she let Davis stay with her until he found the Noble trailer home and a storage unit at Summit Storage, 2100 24th Ave. SE, in Norman. She said Davis made “numerous comments” about not going back to prison, claiming he would “disrupt the economy by poisoning the water supply and knocking out the communication system.”

The woman also said Davis, who has lived in Oklahoma for only a few months, had begun having packages shipped to her address, including a box of incomplete firearms frames that he planned to sell with directions on how to convert them into functioning weapons.

June 19, agents searched Davis’ trailer home. Davis was detained after entering a van, and a .22 caliber pistol and several rounds of ammunition were recovered from a canvas bag he’d been carrying.

Agents later searched the Norman storage unit and seized a 9 millimeter pistol, a .22 caliber pistol, a .45 caliber pistol, a .223 caliber rifle, a Colt pistol, possible silencers, gun parts and more than 10,900 bullets of various calibers. Neighbor Tim “Tiny” Walters watched June 19 as federal agents swarmed Davis’ trailer home, one of about 30 in a rural park just north of Maguire Road on 120th Avenue NE..

“I counted five unmarked cars pull up before it was over,” Walters said. “They dragged him (Davis) out and arrested him.”

Agents searched the trailer home “from top to bottom for two days,” Walters said.

Ron Berry, the park’s assistant manager, said Davis moved in a few months ago.

“He was quiet and kept to himself,” Berry said. “He always waved when I walked by, but never said much.”

Administrator
    LOL! What a bonehead. One more question...how did it come to be known who he is, and about his arrest?

I kinda wish he was still here, sounds like he'd be fun to mess with.
    Last edited by SIXTO; December 2nd, 2006 at 03:10 PM.

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    John Melvin Davis, 53, was arrested June 19 outside a trailer home at 12101 Village Dr. in Noble.

Instead of trying to outlaw guns to stop crime they ought to outlaw trailers....seems like it's where most of them live.

Senior Member Array Joshua M. Smith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    LOL! What a bonehead. One more question...how did it come to be known who he is, and about his arrest?

I kinda wish he was still here, sounds like he'd be fun to mess with.
    He went by the name Hardin, Gunkid, Andy, Cando, and several other aliases on various gunboards.

He claimed to be a '70s IPSC champ and personal friends with Col. Cooper (?).

He turned to selling drugs to finance his gun habit. He was quite the vocal proponent of hard drugs and was proud of his ingenuity in selling them.

He wrote a book (yes guys, it did get written; it was for sale on another forum) about how to make suppressors for firearms. Turns out most of his designs were barely functional.

He escaped from prison once, or so he claimed, and lived in an old rusted out pickup in the woods around Vincennes IN while on the lam. As I understand it he also used this pickup to manufacture meth. (Personal note: I was in college about the same time he was freed from prison - the days of the old Shooters.com site. We were in close proximity to eachother and I went to ground real fast.) You just didn't go into the woods in that area without a local person who knew the area.

He talked about walking around down with his hands stuffed into his pockets with his right one holding a .22 handgun.

According to him the best defensive position was on your back, firing .22 rounds as fast as you could, while delivering bicycle kicks to the adversary. I never learned how not to hit my legs, myself.

He didn't have a driver's license and another board began talking about the "assault wheelbarrow" he supposedly had to carry around all his stuff.

On ArmsLocker (IIRC) forums he once stated that they would eventually "worship him as a god" because of his book. Whichever board it was, I left at that point because they didn't intend to do anything about his presence.

He can currently be found at http://www.oklahomacounty.org/cosher...N_ID=200098559 . It has his picture and details such as his booking number and vitals.

Hope this has been enlightening.

Josh <><

Administrator
    It was Joshua, Thanks! I just love guys like this, they are good entertainment. I'm still wandering how his true self was discovered, outside of being a obvious poser.

this should bring back memories...

I remembered seeing this several months ago. It took me a while to find it again. Yup, he's one of a kind.
    Last edited by razorblade; December 3rd, 2006 at 03:29 AM.

Oh wow... that's the movie I thought of whenever I saw Hardin! I can't believe someone actually did that! ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!111111oneoneoneone

Josh <><

P.S. I'm so ripping that pic off! :LOL: J.S.

Assistant Administrator
    Well - I thought I'd seen (and made) all the pics about GK but that one is new to me - and excellent too
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by frankmako View Post
    after 29 years on the job i have found that most "bg" are rocks. they don't use computers, they steal them.
    Ha! It depends on your definition of BG. Your's is from a legal standpoint. My definition of a BG starts with the Brady folks although it does include the obvious "rocks".

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links