The possibility that BG read this forum...

This is a discussion on The possibility that BG read this forum... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It just crossed my mind that it's always possible that whatever we discuss as far as tactics to use against bad-guys could be viewed and ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The possibility that BG read this forum...

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar

The possibility that BG read this forum...

It just crossed my mind that it's always possible that whatever we discuss as far as tactics to use against bad-guys could be viewed and learned-from by any bad-guys who want to sit at a computer and find this forum...

I suppose that there's nothing that can be done to prevent this, and we have to just keep ourselves aware ("condition yellow") and prepared.

I personally believe that it's unlikely that typical BGs are of the mind to do research work toward learning how to dominate would-be victims. But I also believe that there might be a word-of-mouth "grapevine" among criminals by which they inform others as to what works and what doesn't. We know they like to pick on those who seem weak or inattentive -- that's something that's instinctive. What I'm wondering is whether they spread info -- or seek it from sources like this -- about how to spot the armed resistors, or how to deal with them if they inadvertently pick them as victims.

What do you think?

2. Remove Ads

theres always the possibility of a BG reading our (and other) content.
    Word of mouth is traditional communication and you can bet your wallet that they are always trying to get better at their craft....and so are we.
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Good question! That is the one problem with posting on the internet. It is public unless you restrict viewing to registered users but then you wouldn't get people like me who like what he saw and then joined.

Then again, you would still get BG's registering. We just all need to be aware that it can and will be read by people that we wish wouldn't. That fact of life online.
    XD SC 9mm
    S&W 340pd

Minnesota Gun Talk

"A thing long expected takes the form of the unexpected when at last it comes." Mark Twain

Assistant Administrator
    I wonder what the % might be - purely guessing, I'd doubt even 5% of would-be BG's would even bother, maybe fewer.

They would tho be the ones we really have to worry about who are dedicated to their shooting skills. Naturally - open forum - our stuff is there for all to see.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

A lot of the wisdom on here can be learned in a class, or some of it in books. I'm not sure there is too much unique to this forum (not bashing it at all, just making an observation.) Keep in mind too, that many BG's carry concealed firearms too (almostall, if not all illegally) So they know ways to hide weapons and carry them and spot people who carry ect... In some communitites it is how they survive. While this forum is a great source of info, I'm not particularly worried about the BG's picking up on something new from it
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

BG's Here?

I doubt many study here...too hard to read/research...to easy to steal.
    Although there is the rare BG who may also be too lazy to steal...

I'm not a real smart guy, but if forced to match 'thinking skills' with some dirtbag...OK, let's go...fortunately, for me...I have almost 60 years of experience to draw upon...

I'll go with education, training, character, work ethic, a 'care' for my fellow man, life experiences, a willingness to learn (that's why I visit here), determination, and...if you really pi** me off, you WILL have a bald, fat, old man who will try to rip your heart out, via your throat (and I mean that in a nice way)...

Hey, that's just me...

Stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    Thats why I'm often vague in my postings.

after 29 years on the job i have found that most "bg" are rocks. they don't use computers, they steal them.

I was approaching this less from the standpoint of "are they working on their shooting skills," and more from the point of "are they keeping tabs on how we are preparing to defend against them; what we look for, how we equip ourselves, etc."

I agree with P95Carry, though; the percentage of BGs who are doing research via forums like ours is probably vanishingly small. Thankfully.

If a bd read what we have said I would think they would be more fearful that they’re people out there who carry and will use it if necessary and they don’t know who we are, ie, concealed.
    Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofabitch die for his.

George S. Patton

VIP Member
    BG, antis, reporters, maybe Senator Kennedy....

VIP Member
    If a BG is reading this forum ( and I'm sure you are ) that he/she is learning that I will not allow myself to become a victim.

Good point. They may just get spooked by reading here...

Hopefully, this site would scare the %$^& out of a BG!
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Administrator
    truth be told, I don't want to lay all my cards out for the good guys to see either.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links