Wife wanted a more "concealable" weapon so...

This is a discussion on Wife wanted a more "concealable" weapon so... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Picked up a glock 26 (gen 4) at the gun show today. $530 and the seller ate the sales tax. I also picked up a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Wife wanted a more "concealable" weapon so...

VIP Member

Picked up a glock 26 (gen 4) at the gun show today. $530 and the seller ate the sales tax. I also picked up a couple extended mags so if I shoot it I can involve all my fingers (yeah, I know, I would get used to it). So here is the problem. I want it too. My EDC is a glock 23. The 26 would be much easier to conceal. HMMM. Make the 23 my car gun and get another 26 or start using my wife's 19??? Questions questions. Gotta love life and guns.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

Distinguished Member
    Since you bought the gun as a "gift" for HER, why don't you let her choose which one she likes? After all, it's sometimes harder for a woman to conceal than a man as it seems she has stated.
    Aceoky and archer51 like this.
    Matthew 5:44

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;.

~ Jesus ~

Nothing wrong with two 26's around the house.

Sister has a good point though. Has the DW asked for a G26?

Think about this too - you have a 26 EDC and a 23 as a car gun and suddenly you have two calibers to inventory, stock pile, train with, and on top of that your EDC and car gun are not compatible caliber wise.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Nothing wrong with two 26's around the house.
    Rock and Glock took the words right out of my mouth.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    lol, Oh yeah, this is her gun all the way. If I want to use the 26 I'll buy another. No way I could wrestle that one away from her - well, maybe if it came down to a wrestling match uh, no, the fall out from a win would be more than I want to face and if I lost OMG, lose my man card forever.
    Sister likes this.

I'm trying to understand why you think the G26 is that much more concealable than the 23.

Within reason, a pistol's length is not a driver with regard to concealability, with the exception of pocket carry. So that leaves the 7/8 of an inch difference in the length of the gun's butt as the determining factor in concealability. I just don't see that at significant, unless you are of truly compact stature. Of greater concern to me is the fact that you give up one of three fingers' grip on the gun for the sake of compactness, which I don't see as a worthwhile tradeoff.

Since you now have both guns available, time yourself on a series of 3-5 shot strings with both guns, starting from the draw or with the gun on the table in front of you (if your range prohibits holster work). Shoot at a scored target, and compare times and scores... the results should be revealing.
    Taurahe, Aceoky, MrsHB and 3 others like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

...I have two G33's and I'm single. Hey....sometimes it jus works out that way.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I'm trying to understand why you think the G26 is that much more concealable than the 23.

Within reason, a pistol's length is not a driver with regard to concealability, with the exception of pocket carry. So that leaves the 7/8 of an inch difference in the length of the gun's butt as the determining factor in concealability. I just don't see that at significant, unless you are of truly compact stature. Of greater concern to me is the fact that you give up one of three fingers' grip on the gun for the sake of compactness, which I don't see as a worthwhile tradeoff.

Since you now have both guns available, time yourself on a series of 3-5 shot strings with both guns, starting from the draw or with the gun on the table in front of you (if your range prohibits holster work). Shoot at a scored target, and compare times and scores... the results should be revealing.
    I will be the first to admit that this mostly has to do with new gun envy. I mean the last 2 we have purchased have been hers, the 19 and now the 26. I agree it is not a huge difference as to concealability, I just want a new toy. A point I'm trying to use to justify it is that if I went to a 9 mm then we simplify life and reduced my handgun ammo to mostly just 9 mm. (The argument loses steam when I see a .22 and .380 in the safe). No, it is just the fever. My 23 is great. No complaints at all. I'm sure at any range over 5 meters I well see a difference. But what fun is logic here
    Rock and Glock likes this.

When in doubt buy a new gun.

If you already have the 23, get the 27 instead. Then you'll have interchangeability.
    gottabkiddin and southernwi like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post

I find a difference in how much I print between the 19 and 26. The handle of the 19 does print more. The 26 on the other hand has no issues vanishing behind a t shirt.
    gottabkiddin likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Haywood's Avatar
    Two Glock 26s would be the way to go. Now, if you want a full grip use G19 mags with the Grip Spacer ( or what ever they call it) and you have the 19 Grip. That's what I did it's my Car Safe Gun.
    BadgerJ likes this.

I was invited to a new club last week, indoor only so I couldn't shoot my pistols as I have FMJ & JHP ammo only. My buddy had a new Sig 290,
    I thought it was a great shooter for its size and design, got home told my wife I just found the perfect CCW for her! She said "forget that I am going bigger"!! She has a G19, but is very small there is no way it will work for her. I guess when she is allowed to CC she will have to learn for herself. Someone told me before to stop trying to pick a pistol for her, I better learn to shut up.

Good Luck

Distinguished Member Array Haywood's Avatar
    Evan Marshel says " Learn to dress around your Gun". Woman should love that saying. They have yet another reason to go Shopping.

IMO, the G26 is much easier to conceal depending on how you like to carry. AIWB, little to no advantage. 3-4 O'clock IWB, OWB G26 wins the day. There are plenty of other carry positions where the G26 makes concealment a bit easier, but ultimately the carrier will be the one to really make the call. There are plenty of variables that need to be considered before anyone can truly say one is no better than the other, and vise versa. For me, the Glock 26 is a better overall concealment pistol. That being said, I also have and think very highly of my G19 that's considered my Home defense pistol. Slap the 33round mag in that baby, and that's what I call firepower.
    DetChris and farsidefan1 like this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links