Carrying at the Michigan State Fair

This is a discussion on Carrying at the Michigan State Fair within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Can or can't we CC at the fair? Is it considered a venue with more than 2500 people? If there are gunbuster signs there do ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Pro
  • 2 Post By Harryball

Thread: Carrying at the Michigan State Fair

Can or can't we CC at the fair? Is it considered a venue with more than 2500 people? If there are gunbuster signs there do they hold force of law?

I appreciate Michigan LEO input or hear from those who have carried at the fair before. It's this weekend. Thanks in advance!

Pro
    Be careful following the advice of LEOs re: firearms law. They often provide inaccurate information, and can jam you up in hurry. YMMV.
    Aceoky, MasterGadgets and Snub44 like this.
    Minimum government, maximum freedom.

NRA - Member
    GOAL - Member
    Comm2A Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by DetChris View Post
    Can or can't we CC at the fair? Is it considered a venue with more than 2500 people? If there are gunbuster signs there do they hold force of law?

I appreciate Michigan LEO input or hear from those who have carried at the fair before. It's this weekend. Thanks in advance!
    Its not a stadium or sporting event, like its says on the back of your card. Signs do carry the weight of law in our fine state.
    Bad Bob and DetChris like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

I went to the St Mary's fair a few months back and sure enough there was a gunbuster sign. Had to trudge back to the car to disarm (grumble). I think I'll just equip myself with two knives and be done with it.

Sponsored Links