IWB holster

This is a discussion on IWB holster within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have owned many IWB holsters and have always thought that the concealment could be better. So many are bulky and can be easily seen ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: IWB holster

IWB holster

I have owned many IWB holsters and have always thought that the concealment could be better. So many are bulky and can be easily seen unde a t-shirt. I recently bought a Versacarry IWB holster. I can say with certainty that this is the best, most concealed holster I have ever owned. No extra bulk and just enough "material" to secure the firearm firmly. If anyone is looking for an easily concealed holster, give Versacarry a shot (no pun intended). My choice for an IWB concealed carry holster was Versacarry.

2. Remove Ads

Here we go again!
    006.9V2.1 likes this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Ummm. No.

What's with all these VersaCarry trolls this week?

The more links they get from gun-related web forums, the higher they wind up in Google searches. That's why many forums don't allow links in messages until you reach a certain post count, so new troll accounts like this one can't post links for their terrible unsafe holster
    TN_Mike likes this.
    EDCs: Ed Brown Kobra Carry 1911, HK P2000SK .40
    BUG: Ruger LCP
    Belts: Armour | Holsters: Tucker, Sparks, Comp-Tac, Galco
    ____
    Former LEO and USAF Security Forces

What good is a holster that doesn't cover the trigger. You might as well just stick it in your pants naked and see what it blows off.
    Last edited by flphotog; August 29th, 2013 at 07:09 AM.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BSAC2013 View Post
    I have owned many IWB holsters and have always thought that the concealment could be better. So many are bulky and can be easily seen unde a t-shirt. I recently bought a Versacarry IWB holster. I can say with certainty that this is the best, most concealed holster I have ever owned. No extra bulk and just enough "material" to secure the firearm firmly. If anyone is looking for an easily concealed holster, give Versacarry a shot (no pun intended). My choice for an IWB concealed carry holster was Versacarry.
    First forum post at 3:44, next one at 3:51, logged back out at 3:54. Welcome to the forum. Stick around for awhile next time and we will discuss holster options.
    "Who are the ones that we kept in charge? Killers, thieves, and lawyers"

Tom Waits, God's Away on Business

I think I'll stick with my N82, but thanks anyways.
    M&P Shield 9mm for EDC
    Ruger P90 for the nightstand

Not sure about that BSA. I've been carrying quite a long time and never had a problem with a good leather IWB holster. I've used Bianchi in the past and currently use Galco or Milt Sparks. I'm only 5'7" and #165 but have no issues concealing a 1911 at 3:00-4:00. That Versacarry appears very unsafe and violates a couple of rules for holsters. I'll pass . . .
    GH and Aceoky like this.
    Combat Infantryman, Ranger, Special Forces, Master Parachutist, Pathfinder

Oderint Dum Metuant

Springfield M1A Scout and Colt M4 (Zombie Apocalypse), Remington 870 (Home Defense), Kimber Pro TLE II (EDC), S&W Model 36 (BUG)

GH
    Definitely not for me. I like my pistols' frame & slide covered at least a little bit. At least it appears that the trigger is covered. From both sides?
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Operations Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Quote Originally Posted by flphotog View Post
    I What good is a holster that doesn't cover the trigger. You might as well just stick it in your pants naked and see what it blows off.
    I agree 100% I first saw these suggested in my Facebook news feed. They never show a picture of the inside of the rig. I left a comment of concern asking if there was anything to protect the trigger. I never received a reply. So I take that as a know and they must realize that it is a major design flaw.

If this is unsafe, why hasn't a moderator removed the link from the post yet? They just keep racking up hits as everyone that visits this thread clicks on it to see what all the hubbub is about.
    Peace is our Profession, War is just a Hobby---Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Guaranteed Worldwide Delivery in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman II--- SAC WILL BE BACK!

http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

I carry daily, seven days a week. Much of that time is in an IWB holster. I have several, all leather, and they all work well for me. As long as they have a leather flap that keeps the sidearm away from my skin and a guard over the trigger, I am happy.

If one has a gun on their side while wearing a t-shirt, either the t-shirt will be a few sizes too large or else the gun will show.

Also, leather does not scratch guns as does plastic and things that go click.
    Aceoky likes this.
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Wunderneun View Post
    If this is unsafe, why hasn't a moderator removed the link from the post yet? They just keep racking up hits as everyone that visits this thread clicks on it to see what all the hubbub is about.
    Hits don't equate to sales.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I've never seen plastic scratch steel.
    Peace is our Profession, War is just a Hobby---Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Guaranteed Worldwide Delivery in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman II--- SAC WILL BE BACK!

http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BSAC2013 View Post
    If anyone is looking for an easily concealed holster, give Versacarry a shot (no pun intended).
    Give Versacarry a shot...before it shoots you!
    Phaedrus likes this.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum.
    I think, therefore I am armed.

(Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links