Preserving the 2nd Amendment...Wife's CCL

This is a discussion on Preserving the 2nd Amendment...Wife's CCL within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My families contribution to pass on the appreciation for firearms and the value that they add to life is gaining ground. Since long posts are ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MrWiggins

Thread: Preserving the 2nd Amendment...Wife's CCL

Preserving the 2nd Amendment...Wife's CCL

My families contribution to pass on the appreciation for firearms and the value that they add to life is gaining ground. Since long posts are not popular I will keep this short.

I have always been around firearms and have enjoyed sport shooting. Hunting never was my thing and was sometimes hard for family members to understand growing up. I knew I could hunt if I needed to but I showed very little interest in going out on the trips. Fast forward 20 years and things are progressing nicely. This year I received my CCL and my wife (a Canadian w/ green card) received her approval letter in the mail yesterday. That has been a 13 year process to get her involved in the sport and now it is a full blown lifestyle to her. The tipping point was signing her up for a female only CCL class just to try the waters.

Yesterday I did something probably more important than supporting the NRA, visiting my LGS, etc. I took three of my five children shooting for the first time. All three of them had an absolute blast!! Now I just need the ammo hoarders in my area to let up a bit so the youngins can continue to throw lead downrange.

IMG_2578.jpg
    tony1990 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Good for your wife and good for you, getting your kids started into the shooting sports.

Just curious about the rifle. Marlin/Glenfield model 60?
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Thank you sir!

A Marlin model 60 it is! Had it what seems like forever and the kids have put new life in her.

Great job, you might want to check out laserlyte training targets very cool you can all train together in the house.

Senior Member Array Warrior1256's Avatar
    Thank all of you for supporting firearm ownership.

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    teach them about firearms and make them the next generation shooters.
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Links