Rolling, Rolling, Rolling! Get that license rolling!

This is a discussion on Rolling, Rolling, Rolling! Get that license rolling! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Finally had my interview this morning and seemed to go great! Det Logan did all my paper work and was pretty fun to deal with ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By GSDSchutzhund
  • 1 Post By mprp
  • 1 Post By Manderinobyebye
  • 1 Post By archer51
  • 1 Post By fredg53

Thread: Rolling, Rolling, Rolling! Get that license rolling!

Finally had my interview this morning and seemed to go great! Det Logan did all my paper work and was pretty fun to deal with as I will admit, I was a little nervous. Basically re-went over all the application questions, took a couple notes. Went over my statement and asked for some clarification. After I reworded things, she said "Perfect!"

Now I just have to wait for my BI which she said takes about 3 months, but from what members are say is more like 1.5 months. And then range class. So all in all hopefully November at the latest.

This process sucks, but hell at least its started haha. For those of you who have seen my earlier posts, you know this journey hasn't been easy.

-Kyle
    Aceoky likes this.

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GSDSchutzhund View Post
    This process sucks, but hell at least its started haha. For those of you who have seen my earlier posts, you know this journey hasn't been easy.
    At least you're in San Berdo. county and they will issue! Now you have insight into how an pregnant pachyderm feels waiting on the birth!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Man, sorry you have to go through so much but hey, it could be worse. Things are a bit easier in my county. Congrats and keep them doggies rollin'!
    Aceoky likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    Well at least it's a start.Good luck.
    Aceoky likes this.

VIP Member
    Look at it this way. One hoop down, only 44 more to jump through!
    GSDSchutzhund likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Well the Deputy came by and saw my neighbors today. Less than 3 weeks from my interview date. He also sat in with the deputy on my initial interview. I did ask him to tell my neighbors that I applied for a Sheriffs dept job instead of a CCW and apparently he did, so thats pretty nice.

Hopefully all this means that things are speeding up!

Well congrats. Man I am sorry you have to go through all this. WOW I never realized all those hoops. I can not believe they interview neighbors that would piss me off. But again congrats and good luck
    GSDSchutzhund likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GSDSchutzhund View Post
    This process sucks, but ...
    ... they just want to ensure you're not an axe murderer in disguise. It's the background checking that'll divulge all of that, of course. You'll see.

Good luck with everything. If you got the nod from the Sheriff, I can't see things fouling up for you along the way, unless you've got some "sticky" aspects in your past. You're over the worst. Now, it's time to get studying the crazy arms and use-of-force related statutes, all ~100K pages of them. Have fun.

BTW, you might want to pick up a copy of the book How To Own A Gun & Stay Out Of Jail (Calif), by John Machtinger. It's updated each year. It'll help make sense of the morass of statutes on the subject, where clarification is useful. Good stuff.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    ... they just want to ensure you're not an axe murderer in disguise. It's the background checking that'll divulge all of that, of course. You'll see.

Good luck with everything. If you got the nod from the Sheriff, I can't see things fouling up for you along the way, unless you've got some "sticky" aspects in your past. You're over the worst. Now, it's time to get studying the crazy arms and use-of-force related statutes, all ~100K pages of them. Have fun.

BTW, you might want to pick up a copy of the book How To Own A Gun & Stay Out Of Jail (Calif), by John Machtinger. It's updated each year. It'll help make sense of the morass of statutes on the subject, where clarification is useful. Good stuff.
    Thats kinda what I figured. I was telling my wife that I think the BI would be the same as DROS that gets done by the DOJ here. So once they talked to my neighbors and Commanding Officer, that I would be pretty set.

One great thing about the Marine Corps, they made me an expert at the "Hurry Up and Wait" game. lol

Links