Well I've Been Made

Well I've Been Made

This is a discussion on Well I've Been Made within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My father in law recently told my wife that he had a dream that I carried a gun into the house and went berserk on ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree136Likes

Thread: Well I've Been Made

Well I've Been Made

My father in law recently told my wife that he had a dream that I carried a gun into the house and went berserk on everyone. This only after I cc'd inside their house. I must have printed somehow cause I know he never physically saw the gun. So I've been asked to not bring a gun into their household anymore. Now my in-laws do NOT live in the safest part of town and it would definitely be labeled as part of the ghetto. Crack/speed addictions and dealers right next door. Constant break ins and police involvement. My mother in law smokes weed (has a med card) and converses with the neighbors and I basically don't always feel safe being over there. I don't have the heart to tell my wife this though, so how would you guys go about it? Hell, visiting her parents is one of the statements I wrote on my Good Cause statement.

At a loss here.

Tell them that you will miss seeing them.
    StormRhydr, TVJ, Mr B and 24 others like this.

Do you have kids? If not, I would avoid their house and I'm torn on letting her with the ganja into yours. If you hate em its your perfect out though!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

My sister told me not to carry in their house two years ago. That was the last time I set foot in their house.

sent from my phone using swype. pardon the spelling.
    Ghost1958, RichB70 and Blkandrust like this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

No children. And she definitely would not be in my house with the pot. We live on a military base.
    lol and I only hate them after his dream hahaha

Get an LCP, and pocket carry when you go there. Tell your wife (if you must), that her safety is too important to you to follow rules made up by those who live in a rough part of town & are in denial, but that you love her and her family enough to try to make them happy, too, so that you can all still visit.

Quote Originally Posted by GSDSchutzhund View Post
    My father in law recently told my wife that he had a dream that I carried a gun into the house and went berserk on everyone. This only after I cc'd inside their house. I must have printed somehow cause I know he never physically saw the gun. So I've been asked to not bring a gun into their household anymore. Now my in-laws do NOT live in the safest part of town and it would definitely be labeled as part of the ghetto. Crack/speed addictions and dealers right next door. Constant break ins and police involvement. My mother in law smokes weed (has a med card) and converses with the neighbors and I basically don't always feel safe being over there. I don't have the heart to tell my wife this though, so how would you guys go about it? Hell, visiting her parents is one of the statements I wrote on my Good Cause statement.

At a loss here.
    IMHO, if you don't feel safe going there, it's something to discuss with your wife. And if there are addicts and dealers right next door, I don't blame you one bit. Was it your father-in-law who asked you not to carry, or your wife? That could make a difference.

I guess the way I see it is, it's irrational for someone to freak out over a dream about you, when they live next door to real criminals.
    10thmtn and knight65 like this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

If you truly don't feel safe there, consider not going. If they're barring you or dumping on you for being capable of defending yourself and your family, inform them you take the job very seriously and won't bow down on that for anything. If it takes keeping your distance from them, so be it. Though, they're family, and it could put a wrinkle in things.

I'd think it depends quite a bit on what you and your wife decide, in terms of how to deal with it. A dream's one thing. But if there are now ramifications because of that dream, you two will need to come to an understanding. Might well be she's not willing to put up with even low-grade blackmail either.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

If my in-laws gave me that ultimatum it would make me happy.

If my gun doesn't go, neither do I, pretty simple decision for me.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    If my gun doesn't go, neither do I, pretty simple decision for me.
    With me, as well. Have had family try the blackmail thing. It's fine, if that's what they want. It's not as though being capable of resisting crime changes me or them in the least way. And they're perfectly within their rights to bar whomever they choose from their homes. But choices have consequences.
    RETSUPT99 and Ghost1958 like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Hopefully you'll get orders soon and the problem will be solved.
    pittypat21 and knight65 like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Like you, if my gun can't go, neither can I.. Each of us has to decide what is more important to us, I hope you manage to find a solution that you feel comfortable with.

Gary
    niks likes this.

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    A perfect reason to get your wife her CC! I'm Thinking theres more to it than just a dream, Or just you! Think of the dreams they will have if you corrupted their daughter into carrying also! Just a thought. DR

Distinguished Member
    how would you guys go about it?
    I'd tell my wife straight up about the request and tell say I don't feel wanted or comfortable visiting.
    teach, Ghost1958 and KoB like this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links