Purchased my first handgun today!

This is a discussion on Purchased my first handgun today! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been a happy guy these past few days, received my permit to carry on Thursday and today purchased my handgun. I am now ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Purchased my first handgun today!

Purchased my first handgun today!

I have been a happy guy these past few days, received my permit to carry on Thursday and today purchased my handgun. I am now the proud owner of my new S&W M&P 9mm compact. Can't wait to get to the range and have some fun with it. Holster should be delivered in a few weeks, can't wait to start carrying.

Just wanted to share my excitement with others I know would appreciate it and have likely felt this way before.

TM

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    Congrats, and welcome to DCDC. I've shot the S&W M&P .45 and I'm sure the 9mm shoots just as well.

YMMV, but I try to avoid referring to my firearm or handgun as a 'weapon'. As the site name denotes, it's a good idea to think of and to promulgate the "defensive" use of a handgun, thus the thought of avoiding calling it a weapon which has a bit of an offensive aspect to it. My CHL instructor also said he does not use the term weapon. (For example many carry a knife, but it's extremely rare to hear anyone referring to their blade as a 'weapon'.)

Anyway, not to go on about it. When you get to the range you should get a shot of your target and post it here. It's a fun way to document your early attempts at perforating paper bad guys, haha.

Badger, must appreciated on the insight and have edited. Want to make sure I start out of the right foot here!

TM

congrats and you know you just started something that is going to grow ( always have to add another gun or 2 or 3 to your collection ) if your lucky. just stock up on ammo your going to need it.. have fun and welcome to the club.

Welcome to the forum!

I'm sure you will like your M&P!
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Welcome and Congratulations! You will certainly have alot of fun & if you didn't realize it already you will learn a ton here.
    Train Smart and as often as possible.

Be Safe

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    Congrats on the permit and you also picked a fine DC gun.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeister View Post
    I have been a happy guy these past few days, received my permit to carry on Thursday and today purchased my handgun. I am now the proud owner of my new S&W M&P 9mm compact. Can't wait to get to the range and have some fun with it. Holster should be delivered in a few weeks, can't wait to start carrying.
    Well, this is quite the few weeks for you, then. Congratulations on the new responsibilities.

Nice choice, on the pistol. It should serve you well. Now for the tricky part ... finding that perfect spot to carry it, the right clothing that carries it 100% discreetly, and never forgetting to arm yourself each day everywhere you're lawfully able to carry.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Welcome to the life :)

Congrats! What holster did you get for it?

Went with an IWB from Cleveland Holster. I'll be sure to try and give my thoughts on it after using it for a while.

TM
    AnthonyC likes this.

Good on you! Learn well your pistol's function and maintenance procedures.
    Aceoky likes this.
    "Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness." --George Washington

Never confuse illegal with immoral. Beware of those who do.

Congrats to you on both points. Stay safe and carry always. Nice pistol BTW.
    Sontag likes this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Congrats! The M&P service pistol line is rock solid! (I won't say the same for the Shield; bad personal experience). You made a good choice! My next purchase will very likely be the M&P 40 compact. Just because I respect the brand.

Oh and pictures or it didn't happen! ;)
    Sontag likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links