Chicago's McMoron says cops will shoot law abiding CCW'S

This is a discussion on Chicago's McMoron says cops will shoot law abiding CCW'S within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Because of their training, McNincompoop says cops will shoot legal carriers. NEWS: Chicago Police Superintendent Says Cops Will Shoot Gun Carrying Citizens Because of His ...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 116
Like Tree187Likes

Thread: Chicago's McMoron says cops will shoot law abiding CCW'S

  1. #1
    Member Array niks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    394

    Chicago's McMoron says cops will shoot law abiding CCW'S

    Because of their training, McNincompoop says cops will shoot legal carriers.

    NEWS: Chicago Police Superintendent Says Cops Will Shoot Gun Carrying Citizens Because of His Training

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,760
    It hasn't happened in all of the other states and it probably won't happen there either. This is nothing more than FUD and a man with little Napoleon syndrome throwing a tantrum.

  4. #3
    VIP Member Array tdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,282
    "You say concealed carry. I say Travon Martin." People separated by a common language and differing thoughts on what it means.
    357and40 likes this.

  5. #4
    Moderator
    Array gasmitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    9,556
    Not only is he insulting every licensed concealed carrier across the nation, he's disrespecting his own command.

    I predict those words will come back to haunt him, far more than "read my lips."
    Snub44, manolito, oneshot and 6 others like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

  6. #5
    Senior Member Array CIBMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    724
    I know a lot of guy's that have never been a cop and could outshoot that nitwit any day of the week and twice on sunday. I know I am rolling the dice a bit not knowing what his level of training is ......but somehow that just doesn't worry me.
    oneshot and 357and40 like this.
    The easy way is always mined.

  7. #6
    Member Array Bassleg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregun
    Posts
    44
    That is the very kind of people we don't need in this county I would say more but I don't want to get kicked off of this web site.
    CIBMike, tony1990 and Sap03 like this.

  8. #7
    Member Array DaGunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    471
    Change the training.
    Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they can’t get it wrong..

  9. #8
    Member Array billstaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    200
    What is a licensed concealed carrier now supposed to do if they are pulled over by a Chicago cop? That nitwit is just asking for the cops under his command to get shot. (or at least, shot at).

    It might be a better idea to find some way to make peace with legal concealed weapon carriers, rather than start a shooting war based on his own idiotic misconceptions.
    niks and GunGeezer like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

  10. #9
    Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Exact center of CA
    Posts
    1,398
    Quote Originally Posted by DaGunny View Post
    Change the training.
    My thoughts exactly! If "Your training " has you shooting law abiding citizens theres a problem in your training! DR
    msgt/ret, 357and40, 84160 and 1 others like this.

  11. #10
    Member Array KingWalleye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The Peoples Republik of Illinois
    Posts
    120
    The good news is the cops on the street are waaay smarter than Supernintendo McNuggets and for the most part, will rarely come in contact with the legal gun owners.
    nontechguy, oldnfat and 357and40 like this.

  12. #11
    VIP Member Array ccw9mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    24,249
    Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    “You put more guns on the street expect more shootings,” McCarthy said. “I don’t care if they’re licensed legal firearms, people who are not highly trained… putting guns in their hands is a recipe for disaster.”
    Hasn't proved a widespread "disaster" anywhere else in the USA, yet. Nowhere.


    Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    “So I’ll train our officers that there is a concealed carry law, but when somebody turns with a firearm in their hand the officer does not have an obligation to wait to get shot to return fire and we’re going to have tragedies as a result of that. ”
    If merely turning in response to an LEO identifying himself equates to a death sentence, then bubba needs to be changing the caliber of his training. Tragic is the inevitability of a foolish situation happening, and if LE is going to be training to put down any and all who are perceived to be armed and turning to look at LE then LE is going to be the cause of such destruction. There is a better way: obviously, to await clear threat, not mere turning to look at LE. And simply being armed isn't a direct threat. Totality of circumstances, bubba, just like everywhere else where carry statutes have replaced the unconstitutional alternatives.


    Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    “Police officers make mistakes all the time,” McCarthy said. “We spend six months in the police academy, six months of field training and ongoing training on a regular basis and the fact is once in a while we’re going to shoot someone with a cellphone; we’re going to shoot somebody with a flashlight and none of that is okay. But now you take John Q. Civilian, you give them six weeks or 10 weeks of training and you say ‘have at it?’”
    Darned right. Comparing an LEO's situations to a citizen's situations and responsibilities doesn't make them equivalent. Yes, occasional mistakes are made wherever humans are involved, with citizens on the street as well. But nowhere in the other 49 states has widespread mistaken handling of weapons in defensive situations resulted in the sort of "Wild West" crap this guy is stating would occur. Almost to a certainty, it ain't gonna happen.


    Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    “You say concealed carry I say Trayvon Martin. Police officers make mistakes all the time,” McCarthy said.
    Implying mistakes in handling caused the situation. Incorrect. Getting thumped on by an assailant and defending against that thumping is what resulted in the outcome. Pure and simple. And such cause+effect is going to occur in most defensive situations, just like they occur in every other state. Barring the occasional mistake, just as with LEO's, which isn't going to make any of those instances acceptable; but that's hardly reason to gun down each and every person seen armed, or to presume it'll be a so-called "Wild West" when not a single other state has shown such a situation to exist since the contemporary restart of common carry.


    Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    “The fact is more guns are not the solution to the firearm gun violence problem in this country. Less guns and reasonable gun laws are. And just because it’s 49 states to one doesn’t mean the state of Illinois is wrong on that one.”
    Sure, if all of a given class of weapons could be completely eliminated, it would by definition reduce the number of incidents using that weaponry. But it wouldn't necessarily make a dramatic dent in the number of instances of violence. Guns are banned in Britain, yeah? Yet, the violent criminals still get them and use them. The result, even if actually fired upon people with far less frequency? People have no practical ability to withstand a crime with such weapons in the hands of the violent. And that's the point of an armed citizenry: citizens get to choose whether them being capable of withstanding violent attack or being utterly incapable of withstanding violent attack is preferable. It's nice to be free, despite despots like this heavy-handed cop, like the bliss-ninnies in Britain, NYC, Chicago and elsewhere.

    All the laws in the world in Illinois haven't stopped violent felons from acquiring weapons, or from using those weapons against innocents. And no matter how many upstanding citizens follow how many unconstitutional laws, violent felons will think just as little about such "gun" laws as they do when they're wholly prepared to commit murders and robberies in spite of them. The only real, practical change with a carrying citizenry? Citizens will have a fighting chance against such people. That's it, beyond a few mistakes that'll surely happen here and there. A fair trade, by any standard. Citizens will retain the responsibility to be competent enough, skilled enough, knowledgeable enough about the statutes and responsibilities. Citizens will also retain the ability to effectively survive ugly situations, thank'ee very much, no thanks to such fear-mongers as this guy.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

  13. #12
    Member Array IsaiahM33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Posts
    443
    2nd Amendment. THAT makes 49 states RIGHT.
    Jetfuelrm and CIBMike like this.
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

  14. #13
    Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,831
    Someone should be relieved of his duties if he is training those cops to shoot legal carrying citizens.

    Sent from my Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk 2
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

  15. #14
    Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    1,747
    I'd like to know how the Chicago police plan to shoot CCW holders, since the cops won't even respond to 9-1-1 calls anymore unless the perpetrator is on-scene and lives are in immediate danger. In other words, they don't even answer the phone anymore.
    Brad426, TVJ, StormRhydr and 1 others like this.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

  16. #15
    Member Array BigCityChief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York State
    Posts
    480
    What makes anyone of us think the Superintendent is actually going to speak freely on this issue? He's certainly not at liberty to do so as he represents the City of Chicago's administration - and we know, of course, where the administration stands.
    Retired LEO
    NRA Member

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

chicago cops worried ccw?
,

chicago police superintendent says cops will shoot gun carrying citizens

,
chicago police superintendent says cops will shoot gun carrying citizens because of his training
,
chicago top cop warns that his officers will shoot concealed carriers.
,
chicago-police-superintendent-says-cops-will-shoot-gun-carrying-citizens-because-of-his-training
,
concealed carry illinois
,
george w. mcmoron
,

illinois concealed carry

,
john roberts ccw
,
john roberts conceal carry
,
john roberts concealed carry training chicago
Click on a term to search for related topics.