USCCA anyone?

USCCA anyone?

This is a discussion on USCCA anyone? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Still pretty new here and to handguns in general. Got my G17g4 for personal/home protection primarily, however. As a result, I've been spending a lot ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: USCCA anyone?

USCCA anyone?

Still pretty new here and to handguns in general. Got my G17g4 for personal/home protection primarily, however. As a result, I've been spending a lot of time on fora like this as well as Youtube and other sources of safety-related information and training.

Along the way, I encountered a group called the USCCA -- the United States Concealed Carry Association. Now, I'm already an NRA member, and I'm happy with supporting worthy causes. But I'd never heard of these guys.

Any experiences here with USCCA? Good, bad, or otherwise? The principles that the founder, Tim Schmidt, espouses all ring true for me, but I would appreciate any feedback on them as an organization.

Much appreciated.

Cheers,

KRvW

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

VIP Member
    I left the site for here, same info and no fee.
    Aceoky likes this.

They're always trying to sell me something... Other than that the articles are interesting.
    ccman and G26Raven like this.

They are like CCSafe and others that offer legal assistance/insurance after you pull the trigger.
    I almost subscribed but the constant hounding from them pretty much turned me off.

Actually, in FL, the seasoned CCW folks, (I'm a newbie too), recommend GEICO, or something if you are looking for that.

I am considering CCSafe after my FL CWP arrives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    "for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." -- Paul

Within the last couple weeks I'd say DC.com has picked up a few new members that got here from USCCA. According to several of them the site owner of USCCA had too many irons in the fire so to speak and chose to shut down USCCA to pursue other endeavors. That's all I know about it.

For myself I kinda just lucked into this site. One of those classic Right Place-Right Time deals. TBT I was kinda bored with a couple of pro Freedom/Pro 2A sites I was on that were slowing down for lack of a better phrase. I've been here barely 6 months and enjoy myself immensely. Check out the rules here fore and aft before going hog wild. I didn't thinking I knew what's what. After reviewing said rules I know more now but I keep myself reined back a bit just the same. After all we are visiting here in another man's house. Sometimes I forget stuff like that and need a reminder. Been that way all my life.

Go by and live by the Golden Rule here and you should do right fine. Welcome-I'm NONAME762. I'm just a contrary old Redneck. To know me is to love me.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

VIP Member
    Welcome to the site from Maryland . Don't have any info. on that group .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

They publish a printed magazine called Concealed Carry Magazine - 8 issues a year. I've read a couple issues that I got for free at Gander Mountain; most of the articles were well written. I don't know much else about them.
    EDCs: Ed Brown Kobra Carry 1911, HK P2000SK .40
    BUGs: Sig Sauer P938, Ruger LCP
    Belts: Armour | Holsters: Tucker, Sparks, Comp-Tac
    ____
    Former LEO and USAF Security Forces

Quote Originally Posted by CWOLDOJAX View Post
    They are like CCSafe and others that offer legal assistance/insurance after you pull the trigger.
    I almost subscribed but the constant hounding from them pretty much turned me off.

Actually, in FL, the seasoned CCW folks, (I'm a newbie too), recommend GEICO, or something if you are looking for that.

I am considering CCSafe after my FL CWP arrives.

I think you probably mean CCW Safe, I am a member and it at least looks good. Happily never had to use it however.
    CWOLDOJAX likes this.

USCCA is the United States Concealed Carry Association. With a paid membership, it put out a magazine and had an internet forum.

I was a member for a few years. It was OK. One of the forum members got so he was standing on my last nerve. That, plus the constant call to buy, buy, buy, got to be too much for me, so I left.

The only positive benefit I had from that outfit was learning about Kathy Jackson and her website--Cornered Cat | If you have to fight, fight like a cornered cat.
    "Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness." --George Washington

Never confuse illegal with immoral. Beware of those who do.

Quote Originally Posted by Poorly View Post
    USCCA is the United States Concealed Carry Association. With a paid membership, it put out a magazine and had an internet forum......the constant call to buy, buy, buy, got to be too much for me, so I left.
    This is a popular reply. I don't know if the guy who runs it is desperate for money but the constant pandering for cash would get old for anyone in a hurry.
    ccman likes this.

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaSig View Post
    This is a popular reply. I don't know if the guy who runs it is desperate for money but the constant pandering for cash would get old for anyone in a hurry.
    Not only the pandering, but serious scare tactics for his insurance...
    ccman likes this.

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Latest USCCA sale pitch is they'll sell you a CCW Instructors package for $250.00 discounted from $500.00! But what they don't tell you is that you'll need to get recognized by the issuing state.

OF COURSE USCCA IS NOT RECOGNIZED BY ANY STATE TO TEACH/INSTRUCT FOR CCW!

Great sell, $20.00 worth of paper and $250.00 worth of Male Bovine Feces!

JMHO!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Quote Originally Posted by flphotog View Post
    I think you probably mean CCW Safe, I am a member and it at least looks good. Happily never had to use it however.
    Yup! Thanks for correcting me. :-)

"for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." -- Paul

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    They got me for a year,but that was it.That's been about 3 or 4 years ago,best i can remember.Personally,it was a waste of my money,but it may be helpful to some.I can get way more info on here.
    Aceoky likes this.

VIP Member
    Run, run away!

Those are my thoughts on USCCA.

Stick with the NRA and your local firearms rights protective association.
    ccman likes this.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links