"CCW Insurance"

"CCW Insurance"

This is a discussion on "CCW Insurance" within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; CCW Safe defends those who carry concealed against criminal, civil and administrative actions. Has anyone ever heard of this service? It's basically insurance for your ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: "CCW Insurance"

"CCW Insurance"

CCW Safe defends those who carry concealed against criminal, civil and administrative actions.

Has anyone ever heard of this service? It's basically insurance for your legal expenses in the even that you are involved in a shooting. Legal defense can obviously be devistatingly expensive (see: George Zimmerman), these guys claim that for $99 a year you're guaranteed basically a top-notch legal team without paying a dime out of pocket.

Sounds absolutely brilliant, but it also sounds too good to be true. For only $99 I'll probably sign up for a policy anyway, as the reward greatly outweighs the risk.

Hmmm. Six posts and an advertisement. Except for the fact that he signed up in March, I'd call this spam.
    Here we go!
    thump clap, thump clap, thump clap,
    Here we go!
    thump clap, thump clap, thump clap,
    Pittsburgh is going the Superbowl!
    Here we go!

Not spam

If I didn't post the link how would anyone know what I'm talking about?

I've never heard of them though that doesn't mean much since I've never actively searched out any form of CWP "insurance" so I'm not exactly well versed in what outfits are and aren't reputable. After viewing the site, I'm not exactly feeling convinced or confident about them. I read the FAQ and comments and in regards to how many clients they have, all they mention is they have clients in over 25 states and nothing else. I'd feel a lot better about them if they'd at least give a rough figure.

Once again, I'm not very knowledgeable about this type of insurance, so I don't know if these fees are in line with others but $100/yr for what seems like a "top notch" defense almost seems too good to be true.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    Personally I would be VERY skeptical of any Internet ad claims for attorneys. As has been said many times before, "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is." The average cost of an attorney for a civil matter is normally $200.00 to $250.00 per hour. Additional expenses for investigators, expert witnesses, depositions can easily add thousands to costs. The costs associated for a criminal matter involving any shooting can be astronomical.

I'd guess the only insurance is that you would probably be throwing your money down the drain. Buyer Beware.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Thanks guys

Cost ya more money, but two that have been around awhile are Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network and Second Call Defense. Also NRA's Lockton insurance. US Concealed Carry Assn has a plan too, IIRC. Like the others, I'd question what you get for $99.00.
    Steve

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    These insurances have been discussed many times before and I have always replied with the same answer. Do as you want-you are a big boy, but kindly remember that the insurance premium department in insurance companies is much larger and more efficient than the insurance claim payout department. There is also a big difference between the black and white of say a home burglary and loss of jewelry and the black and white of a shooting and the ensuing large payout for legal/civil penalties--if you think the insurance company is eager to payout, watch how eager they are to make sure you pay your premium. BEWARE

Check out the ACLDN. Their board is a who's who of self defense experts.

See my sig, below.
    Doghandler, tmoore912 and onacoma like this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    As more and more liberal states require that you insure gun owners I think you will see more of these kinds of insurance. From the insurance end its a fairly safe bet. How many CCW holders get into legal trouble? And they only pay legal fees not fines, penaltys, or reembersements. If I could get just 20% of this countrys CCW holders to pay me $99 per year I think Id do alright! DR

Quote Originally Posted by Gus8419 View Post
    CCW Safe defends those who carry concealed against criminal, civil and administrative actions.

Has anyone ever heard of this service? It's basically insurance for your legal expenses in the even that you are involved in a shooting. Legal defense can obviously be devistatingly expensive (see: George Zimmerman), these guys claim that for $99 a year you're guaranteed basically a top-notch legal team without paying a dime out of pocket.

Sounds absolutely brilliant, but it also sounds too good to be true. For only $99 I'll probably sign up for a policy anyway, as the reward greatly outweighs the risk.
    NRA Endorsed Property & Casualty Insurance Program

Kinda like flood insurance...you don't want to spend the money because you will probably never need it...until you do.
    KNOWLEDGE: A tomato is a fruit.
    WISDOM: Not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

Quote Originally Posted by SIGP250 View Post
    Personally I would be VERY skeptical of any Internet ad claims for attorneys. As has been said many times before, "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is." The average cost of an attorney for a civil matter is normally $200.00 to $250.00 per hour. Additional expenses for investigators, expert witnesses, depositions can easily add thousands to costs. The costs associated for a criminal matter involving any shooting can be astronomical.

I'd guess the only insurance is that you would probably be throwing your money down the drain. Buyer Beware.

I am not saying that this is a good idea or a bad idea and really don't know myself, but in regards to getting hundreds of thousands of dollars of legal support for $100 a month, you need to realize that they are using "odds" in their favor. I'm sure there is a technical term for it but I am not an account or insurance salesman. The way ALL insurance works is they charge thousands of people fees for years, and pay out to the hundreds of people that end up having claims. They are hedging that not everyone of their clients is going to have a loss or claim. In normal years this works to their favor and they pocket the excess money.

Two things to consider, do they have enough money to payout legal fees for the first guy that gets jacked up in a SD shooting like Zimmerman did/ and do you get to chose your lawyer or do they?

SD insurance is probably a lot less risky for the insurance company than life insurance or homeowners because a lot more people die everyday than use their firearm in self defense and there are a lot more house fires, tornados and hurricanes every year than there are SD shootings every year.

The biggest problem I see here is if your the first guy to need their services, and they have only signed up a couple of hundred clients and been doing business for a year, where are they going to come up with the money to pay for your lawyer or if you happen to be a client for year or two and then they have a major case and it bankrupts them you have "lost" any equity in the company and have to start looking elsewhere.

I'm not saying it's not something to consider if you can afford it, but I would look closely at the size of the company and their ability to pay-up if they need to.
    SIGP250 likes this.

There's a fool taken every minute. Don't be the next one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links