Going to Chicago

Going to Chicago

This is a discussion on Going to Chicago within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; On the train. It is going to feel weird to be gunless, the sooner Illinois sort out their concealed carry the better, and living in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Going to Chicago

Going to Chicago

On the train.

It is going to feel weird to be gunless, the sooner Illinois sort out their concealed carry the better, and living in St. Louis I will probably suck up the cost and get an Illinois permit.

And for those who never go anywhere they can't carry, it's a business trip for a job I love, I have to go.

SO sorry to hear
    NECCdude and Pro like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikemgb View Post
    On the train.

It is going to feel weird to be gunless, the sooner Illinois sort out their concealed carry the better, and living in St. Louis I will probably suck up the cost and get an Illinois permit.

And for those who never go anywhere they can't carry, it's a business trip for a job I love, I have to go.
    I haven't read the IL law in depth, but from what I see for a non-resident permit, the hoops you'll have to jump through are substantial. The $300. fee is outrageous IMO. I'll just skip IL, never lost anything there I need bad enough to go back looking for.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I pretty much doubt Ill Annoy will issue non resident permits.

Amtrak gets pretty funky about concealed carry too, no matter where you are.
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    I have a feeling that even if, and I say if, Illinois offers a non-resident permit, Chicago will come up with some way to not allow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yetiman View Post
    I pretty much doubt Ill Annoy will issue non resident permits.

Amtrak gets pretty funky about concealed carry too, no matter where you are.
    Yeah, that's another part of the equation. As long as I could carry in Chicago though I would probably drive instead.

Aside from the whole liberal agenda thing, Chicago is a pretty cool city. Enjoy!
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

When Chicago gets CCW, almost everywhere will be a "Gun-Free-Zone".

If I had to go there, I take my 2 oz can of O.C. The same stuff I used in LE. It may not be legal, but the consequences beat getting stabbed & such, if needed.
    I have dropped many a BG, instantly, instead of going 'hands-on' when some fool would not stop advancing on me when told to stop.

Don't be fooled by all the phony 10% and other mess, out there, like Walmart sells, make sure you get the real thing. Good Peace of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikemgb View Post
    On the train.

Illinois will only issue non-resident permits to people who live in states with equivalent requirements for their permit. Compare IL with your state to see if you will ever be able to carry in IL.

Quote Originally Posted by DJC7 View Post
    Aside from the whole liberal agenda thing, Chicago is a pretty cool city. Enjoy!
    Yeah, this is actually my third trip for this event, I've been to Chicago a couple of other times too. On the business trips I stay downtown and everything is great, at other times I have been in the 'burbs and it can get uncomfortable.

Condolences. I used to go to the Windy a lot trucking. I wouldnt go there now on a bet. Nor the state of Illinois.
    Thankfully the way Ill is positioned though I have to go out of my way theres no place I cant go around it and still get there. And I do.
    Aceoky likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Going to Chicago

I used to live in Chicago back in 2004-2005 and the apartment had a great view of Navy Pier. We lived in downtown and we used to walk to work and ride the "El". But it has changed since we lived there and I don't know if I would go back again now.

As soon as you step off the train in Chicago, you'll be robbed of all your possessions at gun point (the bad guy will hold the gun sideways). Because it takes forever to do the paperwork to report a robbery, you'll become homeless -- why do you think there are so many homeless people in Chicago? As you beg piteously for food on the street, you'll be beaten by thugs once every six hours. If you dare resist and defend yourself, the liberals there will call the police on you. The police will stomp you on the curb, book you and charge you with everything in the book: racist sexist homophobe meat eater who isn't considerate of the feelings of underprivileged kids, kittens, and Rastafarians. That's when the fun starts. Oh, those inmates really love outside meat. You'll be raped in prison, if you haven't been raped in the street while the cops are busy violating the Constitutional rights of some Chicagoan. To get out of the hell that is Chicago jail, you'll have to strike up a deal with your crooked lawyer, and you'll have to be a drug mule transporting meth in condoms in your rectum. That's just the beginning of your fall into crime.

Seriously, you'll be OK. Be smart, stay alert, exercise common cautionary measures, and you'll be fine. Enjoy Chicago. I like the waterfront.

VIP Member
    I have to go to Wash. DC for work so it is understandable to make a living and have a roof over your head.
    Aceoky likes this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Bad news.. at least carry a good knife..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links