Defensive Carry banner

Taking MI CCW class today.

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Longbow 
#1 ·
Just thought I'd post and say I'm about to head out to take my ccw class. I know the instructors, and I'm sure they'll make for an interesting class. Couldn't really sleep much at all last night, kinda excited. Wish me luck(more to stay awake during the classroom than anything).

#3 ·
Beginning Of An Exciting Trek...

enjoy and absorb...

Stay alert...stay safe!

ret:urla9ub:

#7 ·
Okay, class is finished. The guy that taught it was pretty cool, coarse I knew that beforehand. John Canning in Jackson county(i have ph# if you want pm me). There were 5 of us in the class, me(21 year old guy) a 30something guy, 2 20something guys, and a 50something older guy. Did the legal part over the phone with a $300/hr defense lawyer, and out of the class from her we got a major fee reduction(to like $100/hr) if we ever need to use her.

Got out on the range, did a quik warmup from about 10 feet or so, easy peasy all in the circle for me(first time i've shot pistol since i was 14). After that moved to 25 feet, he wanted 80% on the paper at that range. All but one guy got it, and he helped that guy out so he got it on second try. After that he taught us some shooting on the move, behind obsticles stuff. Then we got to go out to 25 yards and shoot the bowling pins.

#9 ·
Glad you had a good class. can you get your permit yet?

I don't get this part of it
Did the legal part over the phone with a $300/hr defense lawyer, and out of the class from her we got a major fee reduction(to like $100/hr) if we ever need to use her.
Can you explain a little more. thanks
Is this just a Michigan thing?

#10 ·
The legal part was all went over by a good defense lawyer that also has nra certifcation to be an instructor. Doubt it is any kind of michigan requirement. The rate decrease, is just something that lady gives students of that instructor, you know, if they ever need a defense lawyer.

#11 ·
Oh I see, so they talked about the legal aspects of CCW as part of the class and you where able to do this over the phone. I'm up to speed, thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.