Buy Buy Baby vs Babies R Us (Gunbuster signs)

This is a discussion on Buy Buy Baby vs Babies R Us (Gunbuster signs) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For parents of young children like me or grandparents buying for their new grand kids, just noticed that the Babies R Us's here in the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Buy Buy Baby vs Babies R Us (Gunbuster signs)

For parents of young children like me or grandparents buying for their new grand kids, just noticed that the Babies R Us's here in the metro Detroit area have gunbuster signs. Buy Buy Baby does not. Not sure if it's corporate policy nationwide or just here. I know where I'll be spending my money at from now on. Just sharing.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black in S. FL.
    To my knowledge, here in S. FL, the only businesses that post no gun signs (Outside of those that are already prohibited by law) are Toys/Babies-R-Us. Unlike some Applebees, etc., that others post about, I think it's a corporate decision with the "R-Us" stores.
    DetChris and oneshot like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I'm glad those signs may as well say "happy Birthday" here LOL
    Brig, Popeye5782 and Ghost1958 like this.

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    Off topic but there is a smartphone app called "GunFreeZone". As you go about your business you can mark locations as either "no guns" or "gun friendly" and they will also be visible by other users. It hasn't been out a long time so in many areas there aren't a lot of entries but the more people that use it the quicker it will become very useful.

One of the cool things about the app is that unlike most, the developer doesn't collect any personal information from your phone.

Jim
    DetChris and TailRunner like this.

Toys/Babies R Us is corporate policy. :( As a parent of young children, it's quite irritating, but thank goodness for online retailers.
    DetChris and oneshot like this.

Toy/Babies-R-Us has been known to ask uniformed officers to leave the store or remove their weapons. They are VERY ANTI and should not get get any of our business.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    To my knowledge, here in S. FL, the only businesses that post no gun signs (Outside of those that are already prohibited by law) are Toys/Babies-R-Us. Unlike some Applebees, etc., that others post about, I think it's a corporate decision with the "R-Us" stores.
    The only places I see gunbuster signs in the Tampa Bay area are some gun shops and all gun shows.

VIP Member
    It's a r-us corporate policy. Both toy's and baby's are posted everywhere I've seen. The only good thing I can say about the outlet is it appears they are going down the tube and closing the doors. I think they have all closed here in the Richmond area.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

A "fitting end" IMO for any business that does not have any regard for the 2nd
    Ghost1958 likes this.

I have been to the the R-US stores here in TX (Sugar Land). They have a gunbuster sign at the one i have been to, but since it's not the one RECOGNIZED by THE STATE OF TEXAS (30.06 sign). I still carried mine in their store.
    Aceoky, chandler4228 and Sister like this.

Good thing I don't read any signs posted on places of business. I completely believe it is the business owners right, to prohibit what they want, and I will not violate that, but I will not go out of my way to look for their signs...
    Kennydale likes this.

Distinguished Member Array sdprof's Avatar
    Funny thing with the T 'R us here. The sign is in white letters on clear backing on the sliding door. Down about kneehigh to a kid. On the part that slides out of sight when you approach.

Not that it carries any force of law here, but still, it's kind of silly.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

I noticed the no-gun sign on my way out of Babies-R-Us a couple of weeks ago- they don't have weight in Colorado so I don't look for them. I think they're more afraid of photography than guns as price comparison is really killing them.
    sdprof likes this.

I saw their signs...once.
    The 1911 is an antiquated weapons system but then again, so am I.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Here unless you have an ARMED security guard and you preform physical or electronic searches for firearms, those signs mean nothing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links