gun under the pillow

This is a discussion on gun under the pillow within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Okay, I've seen people mention this on forums for a long time, but I thought it might be fun to have a discussion about it. ...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: gun under the pillow

gun under the pillow

Okay, I've seen people mention this on forums for a long time, but I thought it might be fun to have a discussion about it. Who actually sleeps with a hand gun under their pillow (and aren't in a war zone)?!

Be honest now!

2. Remove Ads

No if the dogs are barking I will stand up get out of bed and pick up my shotgun. I'd be awake enough not to be still dreaming.

AR15 with 4 30rd mags, a flashlight, grenade launcher, and GO-Pro HD camera.

Only if I have one of the new kevlar tactical pillow cases with Level 3 retention holster velcro-ed in place. The ONLY thing (IMHO) that goes under a pillow is Tooth Fairy bait.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    I read an article a while back about a man who did this.He woke up early one morning and a man was in his bedroom door way walking towards him with a hatchet.The home owner had a gun under his pillow and shot the BG.

Everyone has to decide what's best for them.Personally i just don't keep mine under it.To scared i may make it go off,somehow.
    Aceoky and Erick46590 like this.

Not me, I toss and turn so much who knows where it would end up. Might be a good time to clean the darn thing, I wonder if the fumes would wake the Mrs.?
    Aceoky likes this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

I'm like the "Princess and the Pea", I'd never be able to sleep. Plus I don't think I could sleep knowing it's there, don't think that's safe. I have a pistol attached to the bedframe, arms length away.
    Erick46590 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    I don't keep a gun under my pillow, but I do have a "bedside holster"
    My (master) bedroom has windows that are looking onto my front porch, which means a BG has a 50-50 choice of busting into my front door, my bedroom window, or a dining room window if they come in through the front porch. If they go through the back, they will come in through the garage then into my kitchen, or through my sunroom (full of windows) which enters my living room, and then my bedroom. In any event, I have a very short time to respond. As such I don't want to go looking for a gun. I want it at-hand. I live in a nice house in a good neighborhood. That said, we have had break-ins, home robberies, and car break-ins. Even if we didn't, I want to be ready for any event. Paranoid or prepared, that's your call.

001-2.jpg

My bedside holsters currently hold:
    1 Walther PPQ 9mm with rail-mounted tac-light (190 lumen with strobe) with 15+2 round magazine +1 racked (18 rounds total)
    1 Walther 17 round magazine spare mag
    1 Streamlight ProTac HL2 tac light (600 lumen with strobe)
    and... the wireless remote for my i8 queen sleep number bed

My first-alert however, is my alarm system and a herd of cats that very loudly scatter about the house at the slightest noise they don't recognize. Those cats are better at waking me up than any dog (and I've had dogs, too.)
    robhic and Erick46590 like this.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    I don't keep a gun under my pillow, but I do have a "bedside holster"My bedside holsters currently hold:
    1 Walther PPQ 9mm with rail-mounted tac-light (190 lumen with strobe) with 15+2 round magazine +1 racked (18 rounds total)
    You should add a can of cheez-whiz and couple of sleeves of Ritz crackers to that.
    I have a bedside table with drawers that I can put things in.
    BenGoodLuck and Patti like this.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

I toss and turn and also wrap my arms around my pillow, so it's a no go for me.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    I don't keep a gun under my pillow, but I do have a "bedside holster"
    My (master) bedroom has windows that are looking onto my front porch, which means a BG has a 50-50 choice of busting into my front door, my bedroom window, or a dining room window if they come in through the front porch. If they go through the back, they will come in through the garage then into my kitchen, or through my sunroom (full of windows) which enters my living room, and then my bedroom. In any event, I have a very short time to respond. As such I don't want to go looking for a gun. I want it at-hand. I live in a nice house in a good neighborhood. That said, we have had break-ins, home robberies, and car break-ins. Even if we didn't, I want to be ready for any event. Paranoid or prepared, that's your call.

001-2.jpg

My bedside holsters currently hold:

My first-alert however, is my alarm system and a herd of cats that very loudly scatter about the house at the slightest noise they don't recognize. Those cats are better at waking me up than any dog (and I've had dogs, too.)
    You forgot to mention a couple dozen model sports cars strategically stacked around the room.
    Erick46590, Patti and vilecanards like this.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Gun safe on the headboard.
    Kennydale likes this.

Never. I toss and turn way too much and have a history of sleep walking.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

I don't like the idea of a gun under my pillow, but when I lay in bed I can reach out to my Glock sitting on my nightstand. I can see the Trij's looking right at me; I do still keep it in a holster.
    I actually reach out and make sure the "G" is within easy reach without any stretching. I can find it with my eyes closed...it's as convenient as being under my pillow.
    The 270 pounds of two barking dogs would give me the time to wake up and reach...
    Aceoky, Aceoky and 9MMare like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Pillows are for wussies, I sleep on a pile of loaded Glocks:

glckpile.jpg
    Aceoky, tdave, GlassWolf and 31 others like this.
    I don't always carry two concealed S&W 500's.........JUST KIDDING!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Links