Construction safety vest & CC

This is a discussion on Construction safety vest & CC within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; At times when it fits in i CC IWB shirt tucked in and if i want quick cover i will put a break-away orange or ...

Thread: Construction safety vest & CC

VIP Member

Construction safety vest & CC

At times when it fits in i CC IWB shirt tucked in and if i want quick cover i will put a break-away orange or yellow safety vest just to cover the firearm . This works for me real good during my work day and at certain times .

I was thinking that it may also help people here working on the weekend in there yard or traveling to Home Depot to get supplies . Also it would work for the runners as well .

5.11 Tactical 5 - Point Breakaway Vest, Yellow - 994709, Duty/Uniform at Sportsman's Guide Here is one, mine is a class 3 with sleeves it is a type that is used on the train systems in Wash. DC .
    I hope it gives a way for people to move around as you see these all over the place.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    That's a good idea, but personally I hate wearing those things.

Seeing the runners with them on in the mornings more and more as the days get shorter.

Here in the UK they seem to be the national fashion statement...

That being said, I did use the same 5.11 linked above when I was an RSO and Rangemaster. Granted, it was assumed we were all armed, but I found it hard to tell wearing one.
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

I like Scotte Vest. They have jackets, vests, coats, ETC. Travel Clothing for Men and Women: Multi-pocket Vests, Jackets, Shirts, Pants You can never have too many pockets.

I have one of those for my Level III plates

I think it is bad enough that I have to wear blaze orange when hunting. I do not like to stick out like a sore thumb.
    Semper Fi
    "Marines don't surrender-they win or die." from Brute

VIP Member
    I do know it sounds corny but i think people would leave you more alone . You are just a working stiff also it helps that for my work and daily dress i very seldom wear dress clothes .
    All i know is it works for me when i am in my office and people (cust.&employes) need to see me .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Quote Originally Posted by BkCo1 View Post
    I think it is bad enough that I have to wear blaze orange when hunting. I do not like to stick out like a sore thumb.
    That was "my first thought" but then I started trying to think like a BG would anyone really want to go over to Joe wearing one of those to do bad stuff knowing odds are quite high that everyone and their brother is looking that direction (and likely at Joe and the vest) One could assume that vest may save someone's life in more ways than one (meaning the BG in this instance)

VIP Member
    Put a tape measure on ur belt and get a white hard hat and ur gtg. Fit right in at slowes
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

Links