Texas CHL stat

This is a discussion on Texas CHL stat within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hope this hasn't been posted elsewhere on the site, but I find it interesting. Older Texans lead state in gun permit applications | News - ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By BenGoodLuck

Thread: Texas CHL stat

Texas CHL stat

Hope this hasn't been posted elsewhere on the site, but I find it interesting.

Older Texans lead state in gun permit applications | News - Home

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I'm not surprised. I'd noted that when I have taken the required class the folks tend to be middle age. There were
    few youngsters.

There are no doubt many reasons for this. Young people may have more difficulty getting money and time to do the course.
    They may have a "no guns" mentality left over from public school.
    They may feel less vulnerable than older folks who are less physically able and starting to realize it.

Guns as a hobby, actual range time, owning more than one and habing a draw of holsters cost bucks which younger people may be less likely to have than middle aged or older people.

Middle aged and older people have been around longer and had more time to hear horror stories or to have had bad
    experiences with BGs in their daily lives. Many will have jobs or own businesses where they have actual
    vulnerability. Not that this doesn't apply to young people too, but the middle aged person is more likely to be the
    actual proprietor.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

It is the older folk that are more and more, becoming the hunted and the prey, for no good reason other than the hunters are "bored" and want to watch someone die.

When one reaches a point when they are too old to run fast enough to get away, and too old to fight and win, the gun becomes the great equalizer.

I don't think there was anyone under 40 in my CHL class of 20 people, men or women, over 4 years ago.
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

VIP Member
    I guess I'm a youngster at 54!
    USM1976 and baren like this.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Links