VA Drops MO. . . MO AG Site Updated . . . AL AG Out of Date Info

This is a discussion on VA Drops MO. . . MO AG Site Updated . . . AL AG Out of Date Info within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Virginia has removed Missouri Virginia State Police - Concealed Handgun - Reciprocity and Recognition from the list of states they honor. I do not know ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: VA Drops MO. . . MO AG Site Updated . . . AL AG Out of Date Info

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar

VA Drops MO. . . MO AG Site Updated . . . AL AG Out of Date Info

Virginia has removed Missouri Virginia State Police - Concealed Handgun - Reciprocity and Recognition from the list of states they honor. I do not know the reason why they removed Missouri. Missouri honors all other states permit/licenses. This is what the Virginia Citizens Defense League Virginia Citizens Defense League | Defending Your Right to Defend Yourself sent out in an updated about this:

“ Missouri concealed handgun permits are no longer honored in Virginia. I have not yet had time to see what happened. But we need to fix this situation permanently by honoring ALL other permits. VCDL will work yet again to get such a bill passed during the next General Assembly session.”

The Missouri AG was still listing Nevada and Virginia as states that honor their Permit/License to Carry. I contacted them last Friday and Monday they updated their listing. The Missouri AG doesn’t have someone watching all those other states. They were listing those states to assist their residents to keep them informed of where their Missouri Permit/License was valid. I sent the email because people were emailing me telling me Handgunlaw.us had incorrect data and that NV honored MO. One guy got very nasty. Sent them to Nevada Department of Public Safety to see for themselves. Never got an apology from the nasty guy. I have to say I have only gotten three emails like that over the years and all were just misinformed. UPDATE: I got a very nice email (9/19/13) from the MO AG’s Office thanking me for pointing out that they still listed NV and VA. Very nice to hear from them and the Thank You was very much appreciated.

But then the Alabama AG has not updated his website State of Alabama | Office of the Attorney General Starting Aug 1 Alabama honored all other states. His website doesn’t show that. No reply from an email to him on why the delay on updating his site. One AL Sheriff has it worded on his FAQs Madison County Alabama Sheriff's Department - Pistol Permit Frequently Asked Questions Another has the new law posted on his site. http://www.montgomerysheriff.com/Sit...Gun%20Bill.pdf I know the difficulties of keeping info up to date and States have a lot more pages to watch over than I do. Many times they just need a heads up and they take care of it. Can’t fix something if you don’t know it’s broken.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    perhaps requirements were deemed too loose? IN also honers all CHL but many states won't honer IN CHL because it's easy to get, my IN friend says you only need to be 18 and there is no training required.
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

Id have to check again but when motorcycle traveling this summer Ky honored every state that honored ours which was most of em.
    Aceoky likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

I'm the guy next door that is polite, but does not tell you crap.
    To OP = Garry. Thank you Sir. As always, we appreciate you dilligence on keeping us average mornons informed!
    Aceoky, nontechguy and BkCo1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by technomonster View Post
    perhaps requirements were deemed too loose? IN also honers all CHL but many states won't honer IN CHL because it's easy to get, my IN friend says you only need to be 18 and there is no training required.
    I doubt that is the reason, requirements here are fairly strict with 8 hours of training necessary.

Thank you Gary for your updates, I very much appreciate them.

Gary, I believe it is because MO is trying to go to 18 years old to get a MO CCW.
    Cape Locum Et Fac Vestigium

Virginia will not honor Kansas either and Kansas honors Virginia..go figure..

Quote Originally Posted by Ksgunner View Post
    Virginia will not honor Kansas either and Kansas honors Virginia..go figure..
    States that have their reciprocity rescinded by another state need to rescind their reciprocity with them as well. The only way to get the trend stopped or reversed is through their voters or through the loss of tourist dollars.
    84160 and Aceoky like this.

As always many thanks for all that you do so very well Gary!

Quote Originally Posted by bigdogtx View Post
    States that have their reciprocity rescinded by another state need to rescind their reciprocity with them as well. The only way to get the trend stopped or reversed is through their voters or through the loss of tourist dollars.
    You gonna tell my wife she can't go visit her daughter? Let me know, I don't want to be in the room when you do...
    Virginia did not rescind their reciprocity to Kansas, they have never recognized Kansas.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdogtx View Post
    That seems like a great way to have our CHPs not recognized in a lot of states. Getting back at someone didn't usually work the way we wanted when we were 5, it probably won't work the way we want now.

Also, VA has very lax requirements (coming from North Carolina, at least).

VIP Member
    Let's not forget that every one of us in MO or other affected state needs to write a polite but firm letter to the VA Governor, as well as the House and Senate leaders for the state and let them all know that we will not be traveling to their state until they reverse this policy. I'm going to write some emails right now...
    Blkandrust and Aceoky like this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

I recently read that Delaware has stopped honoring Va permits. Possibly due to fact that the latter can now be obtained through a 1 hour online class.

Gary : We discussed this previously, but I wrote the AG of Alabama about the new statute, and they mailed me a copy of the statute that went into effect Aug. 1. I appreciate that they sent me one. As you say, it is clear in the statute, but they still didn't give me an answer either as to updating the website, nor would they just say "yes , we honor all permits from other states" .... as I said, the answer was .... they sent me a paper copy of the statute.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar
    Delaware will drop VA on Dec 7, 2013. They have had that date set for about 6 or 8 months now. You can see it yourself here: Delaware Department of Justice - Attorney Generals Office
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links