No Reciprocity Between SC and Idaho Enhanced Permit!!!!

This is a discussion on No Reciprocity Between SC and Idaho Enhanced Permit!!!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just heard from the State of Idaho and South Carolina has not returned a signed agreement for South Carolina and the Idaho Enhanced Permit. ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Jemsaal
  • 1 Post By OldVet
  • 2 Post By GlassWolf
  • 1 Post By blitzburgh
  • 1 Post By GlassWolf

Thread: No Reciprocity Between SC and Idaho Enhanced Permit!!!!

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar

No Reciprocity Between SC and Idaho Enhanced Permit!!!!

I just heard from the State of Idaho and South Carolina has not returned a signed agreement for South Carolina and the Idaho Enhanced Permit. Idaho told me they have sent two draft agreements to South Carolina with no response. The Idaho State Police have been instructed to remove their reference that South Carolina honors the Idaho Enhanced. South Carolina has always been very slow at responding to every state that has contacted them from all that I hear.

There could be reciprocity for SC/Idaho Enhanced in the future but not at this moment. Do be aware that the NRA and It looks to me like Legal Heat (From their Facebook Page) are reporting that South Carolina Honors the Idaho Enhanced. NO AGREEMENT EXISTS AT THIS TIME!
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

2. Remove Ads

Though this doesn't apply directly to me, thank you for the info, and for the work you do!
    Aceoky likes this.
    Here we go!
    thump clap, thump clap, thump clap,
    Here we go!
    thump clap, thump clap, thump clap,
    Pittsburgh is going the Superbowl!
    Here we go!

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Everything in SC moves slowly, especially the drivers.
    blitzburgh likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Changing SC from a reciprocity to recognition state is one of the major CCW law changes I would like to see happen. Unfortunately, it seems SC will have to slowly start voting out legislators that have been holding up legislation these past few years.

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    As a SC CCW holder, I ended up having to get a Utah CCW as well to cover enough states to travel much of anywhere.
    blitzburgh and stylus like this.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

VIP Member
    OldVet is correct. Everything here takes forever and a day.
    Aceoky likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slider View Post
    I just heard from the State of Idaho and South Carolina has not returned a signed agreement for South Carolina and the Idaho Enhanced Permit. Idaho told me they have sent two draft agreements to South Carolina with no response. The Idaho State Police have been instructed to remove their reference that South Carolina honors the Idaho Enhanced. South Carolina has always been very slow at responding to every state that has contacted them from all that I hear.

There could be reciprocity for SC/Idaho Enhanced in the future but not at this moment. Do be aware that the NRA and It looks to me like Legal Heat (From their Facebook Page) are reporting that South Carolina Honors the Idaho Enhanced. NO AGREEMENT EXISTS AT THIS TIME!
    Firearms reciprocity is bull......silliness.

Consider the following:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slider View Post
    I just heard from the State of Idaho and South Carolina has not returned a signed agreement for South Carolina and the Idaho Commercial Drivers License. Idaho told me they have sent two draft agreements to South Carolina with no response. The Idaho State Police have been instructed to remove their reference that South Carolina honors the Idaho Commercial Drivers License. South Carolina has always been very slow at responding to every state that has contacted them from all that I hear.
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    If you play stupid games you win stupid prizes.

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Well, bull or not, that gets into state sovereignty versus federal authority, and aside from powers granted the federal government directly, state's have individual authority over such things, and we are a confederation of separate states, so they have to agree on things to share them. Then again you also have the argument of if the second amendment is an unlimited right or not, as well. Personally I don't think you should need the government's permission to carry a firearm, at any time, anywhere, ever.
    Aceoky likes this.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Links