Maine Permit Backlog

Maine Permit Backlog

This is a discussion on Maine Permit Backlog within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just a quick update on my ME application, 121 days for my check to clear! Our friends in Maine must be really buried! The website ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Maine Permit Backlog

Just a quick update on my ME application, 121 days for my check to clear!
    Our friends in Maine must be really buried! The website still say's may take 150 days.

Sent Utah in on 3 Sept. will be curious to see how fast their turnaround is.

Luckily I didn't have to go through the Maine state police to get mine. Took 3 weeks for the Jay PD to issue mine. Hope you get yours soon.

Mine was just like Rokkerheads. I submitted it to the town (Warren) and had my permit 29 days later. The only downside to going through the town is ours comes on a flimsy piece of paper.

The state issued ones are nice drivers license like cards.

Buddy submitted his to the SP before mine and I put mine in after to my local town and still got it 30 days earlier. In some respects, I guess it's good that there's all this demand, but sure is frustrating. Just think of it as practicing to wait for an NFA item.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalgunner View Post
    Just a quick update on my ME application, 121 days for my check to clear!
    Our friends in Maine must be really buried! The website still say's may take 150 days.

Sent Utah in on 3 Sept. will be curious to see how fast their turnaround is.
    When I applied for my Utah permit, it required me to have a permit in my home state. How are you getting around that?

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitch View Post
    When I applied for my Utah permit, it required me to have a permit in my home state. How are you getting around that?

Fitch
    NY resident or so I would guess by his avatar....

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
    NY resident or so I would guess by his avatar....
    NY residents outside New York City can get concealed carry permits. My brother in law, sister, their daughter, and my daughter, all live in NY and have their permits. I'd be surprised if Utah grants his non-resident permit unless he has a New York permit.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Thanks for all the comments! I do have an unrestricted NYS permit but I don't recall UT asking about that?
    Maybe my memory is shot. I really only will gain WA with the UT permit because I have FL also but with the way things are these days it can't hurt.

Thanks Again

__________________ permit backlog. You can pretty-much fill in the state of choice. It's a good thing.

My wife and I submitted our paperwork here in Florida end of August. We've been told it could be 90-120 days. Maybe a Merry Xmas present for us? At least our checks were cashed about 10 days after submission.

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    Sent in my Maine non-res renewal back around the first of August.....Not in a big hurry cause won't need it again until next July (2014) :)
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

Quote Originally Posted by REVMAN View Post
    Sent in my Maine non-res renewal back around the first of August.....Not in a big hurry cause won't need it again until next July (2014) :)
    I am not in a hurry either really, I do like ME & have been there for many long weekends but have no short term plans to go. I could not resist applying, because ME gives you PA also and it was only $60.
    I personally think bordering states are a good idea, if possible.

because ME gives you PA also and it was only $60.
    I think PA will only honor ME res permit....not ME non-res permits. I had to get a NH to get PA since PA won't accept my SC permit.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

I had better double check, Thanks. I just applied for NH as well. Once I receive ME,NH & UT, I could drive coast to coast without disarming, not very direct of course.
    Now if I only had the time to do it!

Just checked, Thanks a lot for bringing that to my attention REVMAN, you are 100% correct! So I did need UT or NH to get PA.

Just checked, Thanks a lot for bringing that to my attention REVMAN, you are 100% correct! So I did need UT or NH to get PA.
    Yea...when I first got my NH permit it was very cheap but now non-res have gone up to $100 for 4 years. I was planning on getting a FL non-res the next time because they are 5 years but now PA has dropped FL non-res so I'm back to NH. I'm just hoping that PA don't start dropping all non-res permits.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links