Received my SC CWP Today

Received my SC CWP Today

This is a discussion on Received my SC CWP Today within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When I first saw the envelope, I thought it may be a rejection letter. After all, today is only 57 days from when I dropped ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Received my SC CWP Today

Received my SC CWP Today

When I first saw the envelope, I thought it may be a rejection letter. After all, today is only 57 days from when I dropped off my application to SLED. But, I did receive my card

Definitely a good sign that things are getting better. They have 90 days and I remember reading only a few months ago that people where having to wait up to 4 months due to the overwhelming backlog.

VIP Member
    Congrats. Welcome to the club.

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    Congrats.WBTW had something on the news maybe a month ago.SLED had been given a little over 800 thousand to speed things up with CCP apps and renewals..Maybe it did some good if it was true.

I sent mine in to be renewed for the 2nd time,the 1st week of Sept.Not that it matters but i'm curious as to how long it will take.

I don't see where they made a change on their website for one thing.Before i sent my renewal in this time,i called SLED to ask them a question pertaining to my CCP.

I mentioned i was waiting to send mine in as soon as i could,but knew we could only send renewals in 90 days ahead of time.The lady with SLED said you could send renewals in now,6 months ahead of time.I wasn't doing mine online,but i don't see what difference that would make.
    Dan060 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandpgrl View Post
    Congrats.WBTW had something on the news maybe a month ago.SLED had been given a little over 800 thousand to speed things up with CCP apps and renewals..Maybe it did some good if it was true.

I sent mine in to be renewed for the 2nd time,the 1st week of Sept.Not that it matters but i'm curious as to how long it will take.
    If you did the online renewal, it's pretty quick (about a month or so). I've heard that mailing it in is much slower.
    deadguy likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Dan060's Avatar
    Congrats to the OP.

Mandpgrl SLED told me the same thing.You can send renewals in 6 months ahead of time,but it still shows 90 days on their website.

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    Dan,they probably have been backed up and maybe forgot to change it i don't know.As long as i get it back sometime,it won't matter,since i can still use my expired one.I would be a little weary of using my old one in another state thou.
    Dan060 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    Congrats.....carry on:)
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

congrats!

Distinguished Member
    Congratulations
    Matthew 10:33

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

I am green with envy. It took 104 days to get mine (which I've had less than a month).

I must have been a bit too wild in my youth.

VIP Member
    Great !!!!
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Congrats, my home state permit only takes about 10 days, I applied for an Utah and Arizona permit in april of this year and got my Utah one in about 2 months and am still waiting on my Arizona permit, my wife applied for her Arizona at same time and got hers in about 2 months, I called them a couple of weeks ago and they said they were so backlogged and mine was in the background check phase right now might be a couple more weeks or so. Oh well i'll just keep waiting.

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaman View Post
    Congrats, my home state permit only takes about 10 days, I applied for an Utah and Arizona permit in april of this year and got my Utah one in about 2 months and am still waiting on my Arizona permit, my wife applied for her Arizona at same time and got hers in about 2 months, I called them a couple of weeks ago and they said they were so backlogged and mine was in the background check phase right now might be a couple more weeks or so. Oh well i'll just keep waiting.
    Wow, I got my AZ permit last year in a couple of weeks. My home state NM permit took 3 months.

Posting from my phone, I blame all typos on Swype.

Congrats!

Wow, that's amazingly fast for SC!
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links