ID Enhanced Now Honored by South Carolina . . . Confirming Information

This is a discussion on ID Enhanced Now Honored by South Carolina . . . Confirming Information within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Idaho and South Carolina have now signed an agreement so that South Carolina will honor the Idaho Enhanced Permit Only. The Idaho State Police have ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By Gary Slider
  • 1 Post By Aceoky
  • 1 Post By phreddy
  • 2 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By REVMAN
  • 1 Post By billpocz

Thread: ID Enhanced Now Honored by South Carolina . . . Confirming Information

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar

ID Enhanced Now Honored by South Carolina . . . Confirming Information

Idaho and South Carolina have now signed an agreement so that South Carolina will honor the Idaho Enhanced Permit Only. The Idaho State Police have been showing on their site for over a month that reciprocity existed. You can see by viewing the actual agreement that SC signed on 9/20 and ID signed it today 9/24. http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/I...yAgreement.pdf

Previously I had posted about how anyone can make an error. Even some state websites do not have the correct or most up to date info. On the New Hampshire Page at Handgunlaw.us I posted a date and stated the date was 10/17/2013. I read the date on the paperwork and not only read it wrong but put that wrong date on the page. The date was actually 10/17/2004. I have no idea how I got 2013 out of 2004 but I did. A reader finally got that through my think skull and I saw my error. It has been removed. Again confirm anything you read on the internet. Anyone can make an error. Alabama Officials , Idaho Officials and Myself have made errors that I have seen in the last month.

At Handgunlaw.us on every state page there are links to state sites in the upper right corner that takes you to that states webpage on their firearm laws/regs on firearms etc.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

2. Remove Ads

As always sir we really appreciate all the work you do to keep us legally carrying and knowing what "is what"
    southernwi likes this.

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    Thanks for the info.Unless someone like the OP posts changes,it may be best to call and ask. S.C. made a change pertaining to CCP renewals(according to a lady with SLED) but it's not updated on the website.

I have been accused of having a thick skull a time or 2 myself. Considering all the times I've used my skull as a hammer that's probably a good thing.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

John 3:16 Gettin' Old ain't for Sissies.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Distinguished Member
    If I recall correctly, SC SLED has said publically not to rely on their website. It is not maintained in a timely manner.
    Manderinobyebye likes this.

GH
    Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    I have been accused of having a thick skull a time or 2 myself. Considering all the times I've used my skull as a hammer that's probably a good thing.
    What good is a head if you can't use it as a hammer? Not much in my case, lol.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Operations Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

When I travel between States, I just email the State's AG and keep the responses in a handy location.
    Email responses from a State's AG are legally binding in a court of law.

But then there are laws regarding where you can/can't carry, sidearm restrictions, mag capacities, etc., etc.
    It is a real mess.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    My skull gets hammered with a bottle of Bourbon on frequent occasions.

Aceoky and southernwi like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    As always...thanks Gary!!!
    Aceoky likes this.
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

Keep up the great work, Gary!!
    Aceoky likes this.
    --- Sig 245
    --- Sig P6 (2)
    --- Sig 228
    --- Kahr PM9