Pocket carry

Pocket carry

This is a discussion on Pocket carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I want to get two pocket holsters , I have been looking a bit but would like some input . I have Taurus TCP .380 ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Pocket carry

VIP Member

Pocket carry

I want to get two pocket holsters , I have been looking a bit but would like some input .

I have Taurus TCP .380 3.3" 738
    Ruger LCP-LM .380 2.75

I just want to make sure i check most choices out there . Thank You in advance

Money can be at 75.00 each max.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

My favorite for many years has been the DeSantis Nemesis
    bigsky109, Fitch and PatAz like this.

Not sure how much you are looking to spend, but high noon holsters makes a great one for either of the guns you mentioned:

Pocket Grabber

They are kind of spendy, butt hey make very high quality stuff.

VIP Member
    If you can wait however long it takes (mine took over 3 months and that was a couple years ago), My personal feeling is that Robert Mika offers the very best value in a pocket holster.

Mika's Pocket Holsters - Custom Made Pocket Holsters, Waistband Holsters, Vest Holsters, Tactical Pocket Mirrors And Much More.

These holsters really DO stay in your pocket even when the pocket is noticeably larger than the holster/gun combo and you think the whole package is going to pull out. At least that is my experience.

The one thing the Mika holsters don't offer is "square backing" that prevents printing - but I wonder if that backing sticking up above the grip would make it a lot harder to draw the gun. I know for sure that I love my Mika!
    welder516 likes this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

These are what I use for pocket holsters.

Home - RKBA Holsters
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Distinguished Member Array Haywood's Avatar
    I use the Uncle Mikes/ Blackhawk pocket holster for years.
    voodoo304 and bigsky109 like this.

For the LCP GALCO makes a nice pocket holster. I also have one by RKBA that works, as well.

I like the desantis nemesis and use it at times. Lately, for my lcp I have been using a desantis pocket shot which is a wallet holster.

I have been using Ted Blocker pocket concealment holster for years. They are heavy leather and work very well.

Other - tedblockerholsters
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stukinNY View Post
    My favorite for many years has been the DeSantis Nemesis
    Same here

+1 for the Desantis Nemesis...have one for J-frames and one for a Kel Tec P11...love 'em. I've also experimented a bit with a smaller Remora for pocket carry. If it fits (like jacket or cargo pockets with a bit more room) it really stays put when drawing and hold the grip for good grip.

A pocket holster does not need to be anything fancy. I have a DeSantis Nemesis for my LCP that I paid $20 for on eBay and it serves the purpose well.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    If you can wait however long it takes (mine took over 3 months and that was a couple years ago), My personal feeling is that Robert Mika offers the very best value in a pocket holster.

Mika's Pocket Holsters - Custom Made Pocket Holsters, Waistband Holsters, Vest Holsters, Tactical Pocket Mirrors And Much More.

These holsters really DO stay in your pocket even when the pocket is noticeably larger than the holster/gun combo and you think the whole package is going to pull out. At least that is my experience.

The one thing the Mika holsters don't offer is "square backing" that prevents printing - but I wonder if that backing sticking up above the grip would make it a lot harder to draw the gun. I know for sure that I love my Mika!
    The wait is only 3 weeks these days. I only use Mika Holsters. They are the only ones that stay in my pocket every time when I draw my gun. Do not buy those fancy leather holsters that you have to push off or catch on the corner of your pocket. I mostly pocket carry and will recommend that you get a holster that you do not have to worry about fiddling with it to get the gun out. Go Mika and you will be very pleased.
    welder516 likes this.
    The chief danger in life is that you may take too many precautions. - Alfred Adler

I use a Blackhawk #3 for my TCP and a Desantis Nemesis for my .40 M&P Shield. Both work very well in the pocket, front or back. I carry in the front pocket with shorts and back pocket with jeans.
    "The key to freedom is the ability to defend yourself"

DeSantis Nem, they work, they are soft, they are cheap. Nuff said...
    OD* and ron8903 like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links