Alcohol?

Alcohol?

This is a discussion on Alcohol? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am relatively new to any type of carry, and owned my first handgun for HD and range time for a few years. I never ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Alcohol?

Alcohol?

I am relatively new to any type of carry, and owned my first handgun for HD and range time for a few years. I never carry after consuming ANY alcohol, and i know that is very well agreed upon here. But, for home defense i usually keep my guns locked in a quick access safe when going to bed after having anything to drink (most night without drinking i have the safe open so my weapons are immediately available in my nightstand).

Do you guys follow the same rule for home defense weapons after a few drinks, or do you allow yourself some leniency on that rule in the house?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Also, anyone have legal knowledge about needing to use a weapon in your house if you have detectable levels of alcohol in your system?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    I imagine you will only get responses ranging from very conservative to overtly acceptable.
    Those that deviate from that ^ won't reply.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

No alcohol and guns.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Life Member

Legality issues will depend on your state.
    Aceoky, phreddy and gatorbait51 like this.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by fishwiz4 View Post
    Also, anyone have legal knowledge about needing to use a weapon in your house if you have detectable levels of alcohol in your system?
    Since I would only be using my firearm against a ''Threat of Death or Great Bodily Injury' to me or Loved Ones, a charge of being "legally impaired' would be the least of my worries.
    I would worry more about my diminished capacity towards 'Stopping the Deadly Threat'.

For me, not a big issue at home, but outside or in public means zero alcohol if armed. Some years, I don't even get around to having a drink. Old age?
    My nightstand sidearm only moves if me & wife are having company, grandkids, etc., but neither of us ever gets 'stupid drunk'.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I might would answer that question if it was someone I trusted. Someone with 11 posts? Yeah right...
    Smarshe and gatorbait51 like this.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    i don't handle my guns when i'm drunk. but if some criminal happens to kick down my door when i am intoxicated (pretty much never) i'm gonna do what is necessary.
    Jaeger and gatorbait51 like this.
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

Administrator
    I will have to change my post to say check your local State laws regarding home defense.
    Aceoky, phreddy and gatorbait51 like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    I don't touch my guns when I've been drinking...but I dont drink so I'm always good ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4
    BenGoodLuck and gatorbait51 like this.
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

VIP Member
    I know in Maryland no alcohol or drugs . I don't Drink and Drive and i don't Carry and Drink .

I have worked hard to get my permits and training i always respect the things i have put effort in .

I would defend my family at home if i was drinking but i drink very very little . Outside the home no Alcohol
    Last edited by welder516; October 1st, 2013 at 07:57 PM. Reason: added last part
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    I might would answer that question if it was someone I trusted. Someone with 11 posts? Yeah right...
    you do realize that anything you post here can be viewed by anyone yes? anyone at all with a computer and internet, even if they are not a member here, regardless if the question was asked by a brand new member or a mod with tens of thousands of posts.

why is it that some folks feel the need to bash new members asking questions?
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

VIP Member
    This is one of the biggest reasons why I never have more than one drink an evening. It removes the threat of needing to shoot someone while intoxicated.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

alcohol, I spent way to much time dealing with soldiers with all kinds of problems related to alcohol. No madder what the issue some how alcohol was always a factor remove it most cases problems solved.
    The idea of anyone with alcohol in their system and a gun scares me. I look at how many people after drinking decide it is ok to drive , dumb call but when alcohol is influencing your thinking easy to see it happening, so mix in a gun.
    Easy issue for me I don't have time for alcohol. It would interfere with riding and shooting.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Florida it is not illegal to carry while drinking, or use it in a legally justified SD situation when drinking. Otherwise "using" a firearm while drinking is (I.e. target shooting?). I rarely drink, and when I do it is very light. I don't do much different. Now how a DA or a lawyer might attempt to portray it or how a jury might view it is anyone's guess. Smartest thing is to avoid alcohol, but if your state laws don't prohibit it and you are a responsible consumer it's not that big of a concern. When at home, if you have small kids guns should be locked away or on your person anyway. If no kids, I wouldn't be concerned with having a firearm out of the safe.
    Last edited by BugDude; October 1st, 2013 at 02:02 AM.
    Aceoky and gatorbait51 like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links