Arizona Permit taking forever.....

This is a discussion on Arizona Permit taking forever..... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I mailed my application on April 19 2013... they signed for it on April 22... It is now Oct 2 and I'm still waiting!! When ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Arizona Permit taking forever.....

BR [OP]

Arizona Permit taking forever.....

I mailed my application on April 19 2013... they signed for it on April 22... It is now Oct 2 and I'm still waiting!! When I called they said they're working on mid May applications and that mine was entered on June 17... and I'm in research. Expect another 1 1/2 month wait !! What's taking so long?? I received my Florida and other permits in half the time... Is there any way to get them to process my application?? Does anyone have any experience getting them to process applications? Do any Law Firms work in this area who can be my voice or advocate... as I think it was supposed to be issued within 60 or 75 days...

Thanks

2. Remove Ads

You said you have other permits. Is there any place in particular that you are going to go soon that the AZ license covers that the others don't? If not, I'd say just wait it out. If so, I'm still not sure what you could do to speed things along. Hopefully others will have some good tips. Either way, welcome to the site from Western Illinois!
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

BR [OP]
    It would give me Wisconsin.... Although I "Open Carry" when in Wisconsin it would be nice to Conceal Carry.... with the permit.... (With all the Fiscal Insanity we have here in Illinois I should consider moving to Wisconsin LOL... they issue resident licenses in a matter of days).
    DJC7 likes this.

First off BR, welcome to Defensive Carry. If you get the chance droop by the Introductions section and give us a little bit to get to know you better.

That being said, sorry to hear that it's taking you that long to get your AZ permit. I have the feeling that part of it is you're getting a non-resident permit, but that's just a guess. Either way, not exactly good news as I'm going to need to renew my permit in early 2014 when I get back to the States.
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

VIP Member
    I'm having the same issues in Louisiana . .

Quote Originally Posted by BR View Post
    It would give me Wisconsin.... Although I "Open Carry" when in Wisconsin it would be nice to Conceal Carry.... with the permit.... (With all the Fiscal Insanity we have here in Illinois I should consider moving to Wisconsin LOL... they issue resident licenses in a matter of days).
    I hear ya! I grew up just south of the WI border and now live just east of the Iowa border. I have been so close to freedom my entire life but just haven't quite made it out. lol
    lionround likes this.
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

_______ permit taking forever......

Fill in any state.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

VIP Member
    Not mine....

Non resident Arizona was approx 21 days mailbox to mailbox back in August. I couldn't believe it....

My apologies if that's rubbing it in...... Welcome to the Forum!

Such a drag as well since Wisconsin does not issue non-resident permits.

Living in Wisconsin has been better from my perspective lately. :) I think it took ten calendar days for me from mail to receipt of license...and that was during the spring's "Oh man, the government's gonna ban guns" panic.
    Every day without a negligent discharge is a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaSig View Post
    _______ permit taking forever......

Fill in any state.
    Less than a week here in Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbin1 View Post
    Less than a week here in Ohio
    In Washington they say less than 30 days, but usually less than 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
    Not mine....

Non resident Arizona was approx 21 days mailbox to mailbox back in August. I couldn't believe it....

My apologies if that's rubbing it in...... Welcome to the Forum!
    Can I ask when that was?
    TSgt. Lickey

VIP Member
    Two months ago August.

Arizona CWP

Thanks. Hopefully by the time I'm back they've caught up on the backlog a little.
    TSgt. Lickey

I mailed my application on April 19 2013... they signed for it on April 22... It is now Oct 2 and I'm still waiting!! When I called they said they're working on mid May applications and that mine was entered on June 17... and I'm in research. Expect another 1 1/2 month wait !! What's taking so long?? I received my Florida and other permits in half the time... Is there any way to get them to process my application?? Does anyone have any experience getting them to process applications? Do any Law Firms work in this area who can be my voice or advocate... as I think it was supposed to be issued within 60 or 75 days...

Thanks
    Man I'm sorry to hear that. I did mine in March and recieved it in the mail @60 days later.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links