Range Shooting

Range Shooting

This is a discussion on Range Shooting within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A friend of mine just called and said someone was found shot on the range I normally go to. Not many details, but one report ...

Thread: Range Shooting

DC Founder

Range Shooting

A friend of mine just called and said someone was found shot on the range I normally go to. Not many details, but one report said they thought it might have been a suicide, another report said the guy was still alive.

Sheesh, I hate to hear this kind of stuff, but I hope it wasn't someone that just accidently shot themselves while at the range. Gungrabbers love that sort of thing....:(

Do they rent guns at this range? Iíve seen several instances in the media of despondent individuals renting firearms at ranges and killing themselves. Sad if this was suicidal, much sadder if this shooting was accidental.:(

DC Founder
    Originally posted by V-fib
    Do they rent guns at this range? Iíve seen several instances in the media of despondent individuals renting firearms at ranges and killing themselves. Sad if this was suicidal, much sadder if this shooting was accidental.:(
    Yeah, they do have one of the best rental selections I have run across. I never thought of that happening. I sure hate to see it happen to those guys, I really like the place. All of the local PDs train and shoot there.

There was a suicide at Wade\'s in Bellevue sometime ago. I don\'t know too many details, but these are cases where truly no one wins. The person dies who perhaps had mental problems that clouded his/her judgement and might not have gotten the help they needed, the person\'s family loses someone, the media has a FIELD day with it, and the range enacts stupid nannystate rules that have nothing to with prevention and wouldn\'t have stopped the suicidal person had they been rigorously applied to him/her.

Ranges with rentals go through it faster than anywhere else.

Our outdoor range here had its first suicide - from a non-member, no less, back in September. The thing that killed me about it was the fact that they didn\'t bother to do it in any discreet manner and the body was found by a family out shooting with their pre-teen children.

Damn it Bumper I told you to stay out of those East Valley ranges.

VIP Member
    Unfortunately this is a fact of life at a public range. Especially one that rents guns. Our indoor range that rents guns is good for one of these a year on avergage. They\'ll also go to local gun shops and purchase a gun just for the purpose. Our local shop has had a few of those as well.

-Scott-

DC Founder

Here\'s the offical account from the newspaper

Man found wounded in Mesa shooting range

MESA - A 33-year-old man found with a gunshot wound to the head at a Mesa shooting range Wednesday afternoon was on life support.

Customers target practicing at the indoor Caswell Shooting Range, 856 E. Isabella, reported they heard moaning and then noticed a man on the ground with a gunshot wound about 12:25 p.m., Mesa police Sgt. Chuck Trapani said. advertisement

The victim, who had no pulse, initially was pronounced dead at the scene. But shallow breathing later was detected, and he was taken to Scottsdale Healthcare Osborn and placed on a respirator. The man, who was not identified, was not expected to live. Trapani said it is unclear if the shooting was accidental or self-inflicted.

The victim rented a gun at the shooting range Wednesday, police said. Staff at the range told police that the man had been a customer in the past.

i know here in st. louis a couple months back, we had someone at an indoor range got shot in the thigh i think...but it was an accidental shooting...accident or not it still a sad situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper
    Man found wounded in Mesa shooting range

MESA - A 33-year-old man found with a gunshot wound to the head at a Mesa shooting range Wednesday afternoon was on life support.

Customers target practicing at the indoor Caswell Shooting Range, 856 E. Isabella, reported they heard moaning and then noticed a man on the ground with a gunshot wound about 12:25 p.m., Mesa police Sgt. Chuck Trapani said. advertisement

The victim, who had no pulse, initially was pronounced dead at the scene. But shallow breathing later was detected, and he was taken to Scottsdale Healthcare Osborn and placed on a respirator. The man, who was not identified, was not expected to live. Trapani said it is unclear if the shooting was accidental or self-inflicted.

The victim rented a gun at the shooting range Wednesday, police said. Staff at the range told police that the man had been a customer in the past.
    Man that is crazy hopefully the police will find out what actually did happen.

Amen, At a new snooty range I'm a member at The range officers are actually in the range with you 2 guys to 6 ranges. Any problem or infraction these guys are right there. Just today an elder gent in the lane next to me pulled out his walther 22 put on the silencer and promptly shot the silencer half way down range. O.k. before I could get the first guffaw out an immediate cease fire was called on all ranges and the range officer retrieved said silencer, helped the gent clear, check and then secure said silencer to walther. :boese46:

Cool

Well, that's why I always carry a stick and a mallet....you find that body lying there and just poke that stick in the wound, put the mallet in his/her hand and get rid of the gun! We can't afford to give the gungrabbers any more excuses....**** officer, I saw the whole thing....this guy came in here rambling about lost love, lost job, and dead dog....he just grabbed the first bullet he saw, stuck it in his ear then took that stick and mallet and, well, just drove it home....darendest thing I ever saw!

That's scary. Sadly enough, this will probablly become more ammunition (pardon the pun) for the anti-gun lobby.
    Stops Jihad on Contact

Wyatt, you are correct, as is now we tip-toe through life for carrying concealed, any more tip-toeing and we are going to have to levitate ourselves.

It sucks that we get brandishes every moniker under the sun for wanting to protect ourselves yet, when some indivudual decides to take his own life, we take ther brunt for his weakness.

I guess it will continue to take vigilant watch over what the government tries to get passed for us to maintain our rights to RTKBA. I took my dog to the Vet and was carrying and when I relinquished my pup Galileo to the vet I guess I showed I was carrying. Did not realize that I was printing so badly. She asked why I carry and I gave some heartfelt resposnes as well as my garage incident. She was taken back at how niave and safe she felt with the presence of Police. I said I am glad they are hear but I can not rely on them to keep me and my loved ones safe.

The Vet and I discussed this to great lengths and I think I converted her. She is also a very highly regarded Horse Vet and where I live everyone has horses. There have been a few sightings of wild cats in the last few weeks. She asked if what I carry would drop a cat. I would like to think a few shots would do the deal. .45 230gr. She asked if I would mind it if I took her to the range on my next range trip, and yes she will be introduced to firearms via a .22 first and we will go from there. My wife is excited to have another gal pal to go shooting with.

~A

~A
    Fave Quotes

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live!!!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
    Edmund Burke

The worst thing in this world, next to anarchy, is government.
    Henry Ward Beecher

Links