Carrying concealed at Florida concerts

This is a discussion on Carrying concealed at Florida concerts within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have tickets to concerts at the Ft' Pierce Sunrise Theater, the Stuart Lyric Theater, and the WPB Kravis center. Has anyone been to these ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By RETSUPT99

Thread: Carrying concealed at Florida concerts

Carrying concealed at Florida concerts

I have tickets to concerts at the Ft' Pierce Sunrise Theater, the Stuart Lyric Theater, and the WPB Kravis center.

Has anyone been to these places? Do they have pat downs or metal detecters? Any harm in concealed carry? I don't want to leave it in the car and I don't want to wind up at the entrance and be found out and told I can't carry inside. We are going in the evening and the most dangerous part is from the car to the theater, although I still want to pack just to drive in this places.

We went to a concert at the Seminole Hard Rock and they were making women open their purses but I never found out what for.

Thanks for any guidance!

2. Remove Ads

rickyc...

Living in FL and carrying a weapon should require you to become familiar...very familiar...with FL weapons laws.
    That said, this should help...

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/florida.pdf ...keep these laws bookmarked on your computer (see pages 3-4 for prohibited places).

Keep in mind that signs do not carry the weight of law...
    Example: Carry a weapon at the Mouse House is hashed over quite a bit. If you are caught and refuse to leave, blah, blah, etc. If you are caught with or without a weapon and refuse to leave ANY place, I would consider that a very foolish move. Refusing to leave is trespassing, but refusing to leave and armed is a bit more serious...
    I don't like the huge parking areas at Disney, so I would keep my usual Glock in a CoM safe and well-hidden in my trunk, but carry my KelTec P-3AT well-hidden on my body. Upon arrival back at our car, my Glock is back on the body.

Unless they are using the 'magic wand' at the door, I see no problem.

If you have a particular question, feel free to PM me.
    StormRhydr and Aceoky like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Absolutely not a lawyer, can barely spell "law", but I did read that book and remembered some of it.

I've been to a few concerts at House of Blues and Hard Rock Live here in Orlando and with a beer stand every few feet and bars all over the place I'd also be very concerned about "at what point are you in a bar vs in a concert hall?".

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    "Has anyone been to these places? Do they have pat downs or metal detecters? Any harm in concealed carry?"

Yes, no, no.
    Sunrise Theater is in the "revitalized section". That area of FP isn't especially bad compared to other areas. Plan on walking a couple of blocks from parking. There will most likely be a lot of pdestrians attending the performance so it won't be like walking the streets alone. Avoid anywhere close to Avenues C & D. If not familiar with the FP area, look at a Google map. If you're planning on coming down US1, you'll pass C & D before reaching the Sunrise area. Avoid stopping and use caution.

Stuart's Lyric Theater is in much safer area, lots of people milling around the very popular section. Kravis Center has its own parking building and valet parking if you prefer.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Links