Glock night sights

Glock night sights

This is a discussion on Glock night sights within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys, just wondering if anyone knows of a good set of night sights that won't cost a arm and leg for my Glock 23. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Glock night sights

Glock night sights

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone knows of a good set of night sights that won't cost a arm and leg for my Glock 23. Does anyone have experience with the night sight paint that I've seen? How was that if so?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk now Free

I have meprolights on my Glock 19. They are pretty nice.
    StormRhydr and ArkhmAsylm like this.

VIP Member
    Paint requires that it be previously charged with light. 'Something that my guns don't get much of when in the safe or by concealed carry.

I like tritium Trijicons. It's the first (and only) mod that I do to any Glock.
    StormRhydr likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Paint requires that it be previously charged with light. 'Something that my guns don't get much of when in the safe or by concealed carry.

I like tritium Trijicons. It's the first (and only) mod that I do to any Glock.
    What he said. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

I have had Meprolight night sights on my Glock 20 SF for several years and really like them.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

They actually have sights where the front sight is already made with that paint of which you speak (saw them at GlockParts.com). I, personally, like the XS Big Dot sights because they are BIG and acquisition is very good. I also guess price depends on how much value you place on an arm and a leg ...
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

I have the standard glock night sights that came on my 30sf.............they're OK.

Trijicons. Night sight paint is a waste of your money and your time.

wmhawth likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I installed Meprolight sights on my Glock 19 and have been so happy with them that I just left my 26 at my LGS for the same treatment. Once I got used to the night sights, even in a decently lit range I found it was much harder to keep track of the front sight with the stock sights. You can probably get a much better price online than at a store, then just pay to have them installed (Amazon has them at something like $20 less than my LGS).

I like 2 dot sights, faster for me with less rear sight clutter. Check out the Ameriglo I-Dot Pro's if you're interested in that type of thing. High vis lime green or orange front with tritium insert and 1 tritium insert in rear sight without paint or anything around it to distract you from the front sight. It's just there as a reference point in low light when you need it.

2 dot night sights tend to be a little cheaper as they only have 2 tritium vials. Got my I-Dot Pro's for 80 bucks shipped.
    pbmagnet likes this.

All my Glocks have either Trij's or Mep's...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have a set of XS sights (XS Sight Systems - Sights) on my Glock 30. I went with the Big Dot 24/7 Express (Front Tritium, Rear Tritium) version and the cost is $120. The gun store installed them for free.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Meprolight Tru Dots are usually the cheapest my local guy carries. Love them & need them on my current piece.

VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    One way to save money on night sights is to get a two-dot arrangement instead of a three-dot. Usually $30-$40 cheaper.
    Not my circus, not my monkeys.

How much, to you, represents "an arm & a leg"? IMHO, the best sets around cost less than ~$120 while nothing worth the effort costs less than ~$65. My pick - AO 24/7 Big Dots.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links