On the News

On the News

This is a discussion on On the News within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; One of our local school systems has armed its teachers & staff. There's a largeish sign out front informing those who enter that drastic steps ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: On the News

On the News

One of our local school systems has armed its teachers & staff. There's a largeish sign out front informing those who enter that drastic steps will be taken to protect its students. Guns are stored in vaults in the classroom. Gotta love the agrarian areas of the Texas panhandle.
    We have different gifts,according to the grace given to each of us.

If only more schools would do the same.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by velo99 View Post
    One of our local school systems has armed its teachers & staff. There's a largeish sign out front informing those who enter that drastic steps will be taken to protect its students. Guns are stored in vaults in the classroom. Gotta love the agrarian areas of the Texas panhandle.
    JMO but the gun should be on the teacher, not "stored in a vault". But at least it is a step in the right direction.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    JMO but the gun should be on the teacher, not "stored in a vault". But at least it is a step in the right direction.
    I'm with you Archer51. I wish all school districts would follow suit.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

"Stored in a vault????"
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Bravo for the school system. I agree that the teachers should be carrying, but at least this is a step in the right direction.
    Aceoky, gatorbait51 and Ghost1958 like this.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

I agree. However it's not a bad compromise. Guns stored safely.

Alarm sounds all teachers lock down and arm up instead of the one or two that are carrying.

I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "Ours is the only country deliberately founded on a good idea." ~John Gunther

Back in the 60's when I went to High School in Brooklyn, NY (Abraham Lincoln HS '68) we had a rifle team, and an indoor range (.22) in the school basement.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by velo99 View Post
    If every teacher, administrator can get to such weapons when/if needed, then it does sound like a reasonable step. Makes every single high-value room in that school a potential killing field for the GG's (against the BG).

Am hoping that school (or district) has also stiffened its procedures, has strongly reinforced access points and choke points (ie, tough doors at ends of all corridors), that it has short corridors between groups of rooms, strong filtering of people coming to the school, etc. By itself, having a gun around might well not stop anything, if folks have zero time to prepare. If no other steps have been taken, all it could take is someone waltzing through the doors, down a hallway, into a room and ... boom!
    Last edited by ccw9mm; October 11th, 2013 at 04:20 PM. Reason: grammar, spelling ... yet again
    gatorbait51 and Ghost1958 like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I like this one.....

teachers.jpg
    Nations crumble from within when the citizenry asks of government those things which it might better provide for itself... Man is not free unless government is limited... As government expands, liberty contracts.
    -Ronald Reagan

I agree with daffyduc, too many students are big and strong enough to take the weapon from a teacher. This removes that temptation or reduces the possibility of an accidental discharge if the student did try to take it. They lock down anyway, so why not. Possibly the admin folks nearest the entrances could have the same access or CCW if they are comfortable with that.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by heritage1865 View Post
    I like this one.....

teachers.jpg
    The teachers at Sandy Hook gave their lives trying to protect their children. However they were unarmed and died in vain. The killing stopped upon the arrival of ARMED response.
    ccw9mm, Hoganbeg and gatorbait51 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tdave View Post
    The teachers at Sandy Hook gave their lives trying to protect their children. However they were unarmed and died in vain. The killing stopped upon the arrival of ARMED response.
    Strangely, the anti-gun folks assume that the same teacher in that cartoon spins 180 degrees and *becomes* the dangerous individual if they're allows to touch guns in school.

I've never understood that particular brand of 'logic' myself.

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    Gun in vault? Teacher can throw vault at bg!. Please don't make vault to heavy.. Armed staff is a better move.
    gatorbait51 and Ghost1958 like this.

This is a step in the right direction IMO. Lets hope others follow suit.....
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links