Glock 30s too big for iwb conceal and carry

This is a discussion on Glock 30s too big for iwb conceal and carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys, I have a kahr cw45 that I'm probably selling due to dependability concerns after the break in period. I love Glock and have ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Glock 30s too big for iwb conceal and carry

Glock 30s too big for iwb conceal and carry

Hey guys, I have a kahr cw45 that I'm probably selling due to dependability concerns after the break in period. I love Glock and have my eye on the Glock 30s, but I've seen reviews saying it's too big for iwb carry. Do any of you have experience carrying this gun? I'm not a huge guy, about 5'10" 190....just want other opinions..... Thanks

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk now Free
    gatorbait51 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by cltyus1 View Post
    Hey guys, I have a kahr cw45 that I'm probably selling due to dependability concerns after the break in period. I love Glock and have my eye on the Glock 30s, but I've seen reviews saying it's too big for iwb carry. Do any of you have experience carrying this gun? I'm not a huge guy, about 5'10" 190....just want other opinions..... Thanks

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk now Free
    I had a 30sf and for me, while it was a great shooter, I found it was still too fat for IWB. Also 5'10" and 190' ish.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I have the 30SF and don't think that it's too fat for IWB carry (I'm too fat, but that's be another thread). I have carried it without any problems.
    My EDC is the 36 as it is a bit lighter (fewer rounds which is no problem for me)...I do not consider either the 30 or the 36 too fat for IWB carry, and neither did a lot of folks on DC.

DC from a while back... Glock 30sf to thick to conceal IWB?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    I usually carry mine OWB
    But I've carried it IWB with no issues I'm 5' 10" 190 as well When I IWB
    I wear my loose fitting shorts/pants
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    I carry the G30SF IWB more often than not. It's a bit wider in the slide.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I've carried the G30sf for about six years now, usually in a Bianchi Pro holster. It is a bit wider than many pistols, but I got used to it fairly quickly. I think that larger (in the waist) people would have more discomfort carrying one than a slimmer person. (I'm 6'3", 190)
    gatorbait51 likes this.

OP-

Keep in mind that the G30 and G30SF are wider than the G30S. The G30S is a G30 with a more narrow slide but still has a double-stack grip for ammo capacity, so the grip width should be about the same as the G30 but the slide width (the part that will be tucked IWB) is considerably slimmer adn that should make the G30S more comfortable to carry.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    My EDC is a G30 full size frame (for a G30, not a SF). Carries great and in my IWB Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro, nobody can tell it is there. All day comfort and concealed.
    DoctorBob and gatorbait51 like this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by wondering View Post
    OP-

Keep in mind that the G30 and G30SF are wider than the G30S.
    Only in the slide. The frame is the same, so in actuality, the 30S is just as wide as the 30 or 30 SF.

Are the G30 models as easily concealed and comfortable as other lighter, slimmer handguns? Of course not. But if you want the caliber and capacity of the 30s it's certainly doable. Everything is a compromise. You trade weight for recoil, size for comfort, caliber for capacity. Decide what's most important to you and make it work. I sometimes carry a "giant" G30 and my only complaint is after a long day it's heavy, but that's because of my choice to carry 10+ rounds of .45 ACP, not because of the gun itself. The 30S would alleviate that somewhat, but then the recoil would be more snappy.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    No experience with the Glock, but looking at the dimensions it's no bigger than other guns that are successfully carried IWB. Proper holster, belt and positioning will solve any issues you encounter.
    OldVet, Aceoky and gatorbait51 like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Yep, some people think .1 inch puts a gun over some imaginary size limit.
    Aceoky, gatorbait51 and Ianthin like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    Since the 30s fits in many of the holsters for the Glock compacts, I would say if you can successfully conceal a G19 you can conceal a G30s. The biggest difference is the G30s grip is a bit wider.

Jim
    gatorbait51 and DetChris like this.

If anyone wants to sell their 30s, please PM me. Ill gladly take it off your hands and solve your plight.

I routinly carry a G36 which is the same width through the slide and I find it quite easy to carry IWB all day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Mike

“Arms in the hands of citizens may be used at individual discretion... in private self-defense.”
    John Adams (Americas 2nd US President)

I carried a 30SF for while. Even with excellent carry gear, it was too thick and heavy for me. Sold it and never looked back. Great pistol. Just wasn't for me. If you're going to do it, get the proper carry gear.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Luis

"Everybody's got a plan, 'til they get hit".

Mike Tyson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links