State fair of Texas (no knives allowed!)

This is a discussion on State fair of Texas (no knives allowed!) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Find it odd that I can carry my Glock 30 around the state fair of Texas but they make me leave my little 2" knife ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: State fair of Texas (no knives allowed!)

Find it odd that I can carry my Glock 30 around the state fair of Texas but they make me leave my little 2" knife in the car. Even more surprising is how many knives people will just turn in because they are too lazy to walk it back. Guess its a good excuse to buy a new one...
    GlockHawk17 and gatorbait51 like this.

Odd...
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Here in WI they don't allow either at the State Fair. The year before CC became law the thugs (that's what I'll call them) attacked people on their bikes and punched and beat people outside the fairgrounds. Didn't happen the next year though...funny...

Dozens Of Black Youths Attack Whites At Wisconsin State Fair - Business Insider
    gatorbait51 likes this.

From what I understand, attendance at State fairs has been declining for years, now. I wonder if stuff like the "no knives", and "no guns", rules are part of the reasons for that.

Not too many years ago, virtually every male there would have had a knife of some kind. And there were few if any problems, as a result.

Im getting tired of this "disarm our people" nonsense in the name of "security".
    tdave, oldman45, Tidal and 3 others like this.

As though taking away people's ability to effectively defend themselves improves the security of such disarmed people.

All it takes is an enterprising violent felon who's willing, who's capable, and/or (very possibly) who has circumvented the silly disarmament regs.

Dumb x2.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

As noted by OP, you CAN carry a gun with a CHL at the Texas State Fair. I attended last week carrying my G19 concealed and I was waved through with no problem after showing my CHL to the police officer at the gate. Texas state law doesn't let them prohibit carry by posting a 30.06 sign on city owned property. Carrying a knife doesn't have the same level of statutory protection and thus they can create their own policy on whether or not to allow.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Lotus222's Avatar
    Sounds like Texas needs to adopt a "Weapons Carry License" like some other states that I know of. It gives you the ability to carry any weapon - minus a couple of exemptions.
    Hopyard and gatorbait51 like this.

Stupid rule, but at least we can carry switchblades again! (Just not at the fair)
    gatorbait51 and Hopyard like this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Texas State Fair weapons rules:

bringemon

MAY I BRING?

...a gun? No, with one exception.
    A person holding a valid Texas Concealed Handgun License (or valid CHL from a reciprocating state) is permitted to enter onto State Fair property with his/her concealed handgun; provided, however, that CHL holders will not be permitted to carry their concealed handgun inside the Cotton Bowl Stadium, a facility defined under Texas Penal Code 46.035 as "the premises where a high school, collegiate or professional sporting event or interscholastic event is taking place." Note that the Fair does not provide lockers for the storage or checking of weapons for CHL holders, so if you plan to attend a game or event in the Cotton Bowl, please secure your weapon at home or in your vehicle prior to entering the fairgrounds. We want the Fair to be a fun and safe experience.

...knives, scissors, and other sharp implements? No.
    Please help us keep the Fair safe and fun for all. We reserve the right to search all fairgoers upon entry into the Fairgrounds. All sharp metal objects, such as pocket knives, scissors, and the like, are strictly prohibited, as are guns and other weapons. Please leave these items at home or in your vehicle. If you usually carry a pocket knife and forget it's in your pocket when you reach the security checkpoint, you will be asked to return it to your vehicle to secure your knife or be given the option to dispose of it prior to entering the park. If you question whether something is safe to bring in, it probably isn't – and should be left at home or in the vehicle.

Remember that the Cotton Bowl is off limits to CHL holders: "CHL holders will not be permitted to carry their concealed handgun inside the Cotton Bowl Stadium, a facility defined under Texas Penal Code 46.035 as "the premises where a high school, collegiate or professional sporting event or interscholastic event is taking place."
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

I lived in Texas for 17 years and loved it.I also hear it is still against the law to carry barb wire snipes in your back pocket.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    In loving memory of my son Trey. *Aug 28 1982- Sept 1 2004*
    Gone from our home but not from our hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bstock87 View Post
    Find it odd that I can carry my Glock 30 around the state fair of Texas but they make me leave my little 2" knife in the car. Even more surprising is how many knives people will just turn in because they are too lazy to walk it back. Guess its a good excuse to buy a new one...
    Knives are "arms" that law is illegal.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus222 View Post
    Sounds like Texas needs to adopt a "Weapons Carry License" like some other states that I know of. It gives you the ability to carry any weapon - minus a couple of exemptions.
    The nation should adopt a Constitutional Carry law inclusive of all personal weapons.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    One word: ironic.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

Quote Originally Posted by stylus View Post
    The nation should adopt a Constitutional Carry law inclusive of all personal weapons.
    We've already got one: the Second Amendment.

But, you're right: the people should actually adopt it, accepting it for what it is.
    gatorbait51 and CIBMike like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array oldman45's Avatar
    Personally I avoid ALL events where crowds will be. There are too many people I have testified against either them or their relatives that might hold a grudge. State fairs are prime locations for someone to get assaulted. There are lots of people present and there are many places for one to lay in wait for a victim. They attack and then are gone in seconds, blending in with everyone else until they can find a place to either depart or hide until it is safe to venture back into the crowds.

If I were in the mood to go to a fair, I would not do so because if my gun is not welcome, then neither am I.
    ccw9mm, GhostMaker and Aceoky like this.
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links