Anyone ever know that you are wearing your gun?

This is a discussion on Anyone ever know that you are wearing your gun? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just curious. I carry in my purse. I think it's harder for women to carry it on their persons discreetly, unless we are wearing baggy ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever know that you are wearing your gun?

Anyone ever know that you are wearing your gun?

Just curious. I carry in my purse. I think it's harder for women to carry it on their persons discreetly, unless we are wearing baggy clothes. Has anyone ever looked at where you were wearing it(ie your hip) and gave you that look, as if to say, yeah..he's carrying?

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    When concealed no - not that ever I remember.

If it did occur tho I'd probably be 100% right that whoever ''made'' me was also CCW or LE
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Moderator
    No, Not with the Smartcarry

The only people that know I carry 24/7 is an uncle, mom, and my GF, and even she forgets...
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Nope. Not with a 357 snubbie in my pocket or with a full size 1911 on my hip.

Here in Virginia we can open carry. I have notice that people almost never notice my 1911 carried openly.

The chances of them seeing a bulge when you carry concealed and thinking that it is a gun is very slim unless they are a LEO or a fellow carrier.

Lead Moderator
    No, not even LE I formerly worked with have mentioned noticing a gun.
    It is much more difficult for a woman to conceal on the body for sure. Especially with todays fashion of snug, fitted clothing.
    I have tried to figure how my girlfriend could carry discretely , cause she wants to wear fashionable clothing. I don't like off body carry , but choices sure are limited.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Only 2 times that I THINK someone noticed. Once was in my front yard during a tag sale. I reached up to show someone something. My shirt rode up and I quickly fixed it. I think they noticed but didn't say anything. They didn't buy anything either though.

The second time was a few weeks ago at the grocery store. I was standing in the checkout line and some lady slammed into my 1911 with her cart. It went "clunk" and she started to reach for it (to pat it in an "I'm sorry" gesture. I spun around away from her hand and gave her the death stare. I'm sure she didn't know but if looks could kill....
    -Biker

VIP Member
    I was in a small, very crowded Mexican restaurant and was in line to pay the bill after eating...an older gent was sitting about 3 feet from my HK USPc worn under a Hawaiian style shirt and staring right at it...I don't think it was printing, and I'm still not even sure if he knew, but I believe he had a pretty good idea that I was carrying.

I'm pretty sure that's the only time I've been (possibly) ID'ed in the 2 years since I became a permit holder...
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by ms.k View Post
    Just curious. I carry in my purse. I think it's harder for women to carry it on their persons discreetly, unless we are wearing baggy clothes. Has anyone ever looked at where you were wearing it(ie your hip) and gave you that look, as if to say, yeah..he's carrying?
    To my knowledge I've never been made in 10(+) years of carry other than by family members...and I don't hide it from family members since most of the family is gun friendly and for the one aunt who is a strong anti...well...let's just say we all like to let her know we carry every chance we get ...but that's another story that I shall tell someday.

If you are having a hard time finding a good way to conceal then have you spoken with any of the places that make holsters specifically for women? Since your bodies are a different shape than ours it means that a typical holster (which is usually designed for and buy a man) might not fit the female figure as well. There are some holster manufacturers out there that sell holsters made specifically for the female body. I can't remember all of them off the top of my head, but Fist's LadyFist series comes to mind.
    http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/lady/Default.htm
    might be worth checking out anyway.

Fist, Inc. has been involved in constructing a line of holsters made especially for women. The alterations are not always the same because different problems need to be addressed with different adjustments. Here are a few of the holsters that have been successful in relieving problems that make it almost impossible for women to use men's holsters.

carry

Just my wife and immediate family
    US Paratroopers give the enemy maxnimum opportunity to give his life for his country

Only the ones in the circle of trust.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

My family knows, and so does my roommate that is going to college with me, but I told him its probably not a good idea to let anyone know that I carry. He agreed, and from what I know, he hasn't told anyone. Most people I know, know I like guns though. But in public, I'm fairly sure know one has made me, but who knows

I use a tuckable IWB holster, and as far as I know, no one has ever "made" me when I'm carrying. Now that winter is here, it's easier to carry concealed under my coat.
    "Bad spellers of the world - untie!"

DAV Life member, NRA Life member

Springfield XD 9mm Sub-Compact
    Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm

Bent down yesterday to crawl under a truck and I could feel the left side of my shirt untucking. The seller of the vehicle was near my left side and I knew the gun was going to be uncovered. Sure enough. "Is that a Glock?"
    Nah. XD-9.
    Nick
    He who fights and runs away lives to fight another day

No, even when I tell them (friends) they still don't believe it.
    Gun control is being able to hit your target!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links